Latest news:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Current Page: 10 of 20
Re: Oxymorons
BarmierKev 02 September, 2014 12:23
Transfer window closes 1st Seotember 11pm, Danny Welbeck signs for Arsenal early hours of morning 2nd September.

BarmierKev 02 September, 2014 12:25
Posting on MTWD about football while I'm trying to focus on crucial session for Middlesex at Lord's

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

BarmierKev 12 September, 2014 19:25
Hobo a Yorkie fan tagging me into photo from Bent Tridge celebrating their Championship. I wasn't there!

Barmy Kev

BarmierKev 23 September, 2014 20:32
When you only need certain amount of bonus points to say up, declare a tactic of just looking for a win ( at a risk of not achieving required bonus points).

Barmy Kev

BarmierKev 26 September, 2014 09:05
Supporting Europe in a game of golf. Whatever sport would you support a Continent?

Jonathan Winsky 26 September, 2014 09:30
A few weeks after Sky's 'Super Sunday' offering included Hull City v Stoke City, this Sunday's offering will be West Bromwich Albion v Burnley.

BarmierKev 26 September, 2014 09:40
Feeling more nervous about a game of cricket than my wedding .

Barmy Kev

The Diamond ruled ok 26 September, 2014 16:09
Celebrating finishing seventh like we'd just won the championship (hopefully)

adelaide 26 September, 2014 17:02
Not at all, Diamond. I'm celebrating having the opportunity to win it next year.

Adelaide

BarmierKev 05 October, 2014 16:54
West Sham beating Qp ha 1 0 as I type without getting a shot on target according to SKY stats. Don't ask!

Jonathan Winsky 07 October, 2014 18:48
London Wasps are set to move to Coventry to groundshare with a football team who has recently returned from a couple of years in Northampton.

It is a shame for long-term supporters of Wasps that after playing a few miles from their traditional home in Sudbury when they played at Loftus Road, they have since moved to Wycombe and will now move to Coventry.

If Wasps become landlords of the Ricoh Arena, hopefully the football club will enjoy a better relationship than they have experienced with the present landlords.

adelaide 07 October, 2014 22:46
I wonder what that will do to Wycombe's finances?

Adelaide

BarmierKev 23 October, 2014 11:19
Someone given three life sentences being released from jail.

BarmierKev 24 October, 2014 22:03
UK having to a pay Europe a 17 billion bill due to how well our economy is doing. ( at least 3 oxymorons there).

adelaide 25 October, 2014 01:00
Kev

It is £1.7 billion, not £17 billion!

The politicians are getting close to lying on this one. It has always been the case that a country's contribution to the EU budget is influenced by the size of its economy (makes sense, surely?) and that the contributions would be revised if the data changed. That has always been one of the EU rules.

The increase has very little to do with growth in our economy. It is because new internationally agreed methodology insists that all countries include estimates for the contribution to the economy made by illicit or close to illicit activities such as prostitution and drugs. OK, that's been done and it appears that has added proportionately more for the estimate of the level of GDP (not growth) for the UK than it has for other countries. (Interesting to speculate why. Are we more in thrall to these "industries", or have we just made a better job of estimating them?)

Ministers are aware of all this in principle (and you'll have noted that Cameron has been careful not to rule out making some additional contribution), but it is an unusually large revision and it comes at a very awkward time for the government, so they dissemble. "The Commission is not expecting this extra money ... they should be bearing down on expenditure" etc etc. But they won't be getting extra money in total, just the amounts from each country will differ, some more, some less.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be looked at but it annoys me when so many are so prepared to have the wool pulled over their eyes by scared politicians.

At the moment any factually accurate statement about this issue by a UK politician would be an oxymoron!

Adelaide

The Diamond ruled ok 25 October, 2014 07:54
Statisticians talking sense.

Jonathan Winsky 06 November, 2014 06:39
Last night, our local area suffered a short power cut, and it meant our Virgin Media services (TV, internet and phone) were unavailable between about 9:00pm and 5:00am. The unavailability of any TV reception meant that attempting to watch any channels or view the TV guide resulted in various messages suggesting we phone them or seek advice online.

adelaide 12 November, 2014 12:14
A paper tax return due back by 31st October, received for completion on 10th November (with a letter "dated" 24th October)!

Adelaide

Fozzie 13 November, 2014 21:02
As a general rule, an investigator announcng that he plans to appeal against the findings of the report based on his investigation might be considered an oxymoron. But this is FIFA, so it's probably par for the course.

Beeamazed 14 November, 2014 09:21
FIFA's anti-corruption unit

Current Page: 10 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net