cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Current Page: 11 of 16

Re: Oxymorons
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
18 November, 2014 20:17
England fans chanting "Rule Britania" playing against a "British" side

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
18 November, 2014 22:31
YouGov have conducted a survey of lots of people's interests, and the section related to Watford Football Club only lists football third in the list of supporters' favourite sports. It wouldn't surprise me if there are other football clubs with a similar story.

However, there isn't much nonsensical in the section related to Middlesex CCC.

[edited as I initially omitted the word 'third']

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/11/2014 22:39 by Jonathan Winsky.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
07 December, 2014 20:55
I'm watching Snooker. The commentator said Ronnie O'Sullivan needs 2 snookers. Snookers would help but what he needs is the opponent to concede foul shots , presumably as a result of a snooker.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Beeamazed (IP Logged)
08 December, 2014 14:11
The final was compulsive viewing
Ronnie showed amazing bottle in the
last frame.

adelaide (IP Logged)
09 December, 2014 20:15
SWC on the Surrey site wants the captaincy to go to "a fully committed KP".

Adelaide

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2015 11:43 by adelaide.

adelaide (IP Logged)
04 January, 2015 11:44
Road signs in Wood Green directing you to the "Wood Green Cultural Quarter". On the left bank of the New River, no doubt.

Adelaide

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
04 January, 2015 14:11
Shouldn't that be the 'Wood Green Cultural 1/64th?

adelaide (IP Logged)
04 January, 2015 15:12
Not an oxymoron, but a magnificent tautology - the 3D globe being advertised on TV.

What would a 2D globe look like?

Adelaide

Re: Oxymorons/ Tautology
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
04 January, 2015 20:34
I think this is more tautology. Describing an FA Cup match as " A real cup tie". As opposed to what?

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

adelaide (IP Logged)
07 January, 2015 23:55
Perhaps we should have a thread for tautologies and/or statements of the bl**ding obvious. In which context, from today's Daily Mail, referring to the most earthlike planet (other than Earth) yet found:-

"At 470 light years from Earth, it would take a spacecraft travelling at the speed of light 470 years to reach it."

Adelaide

13 January, 2015 20:16
In tonight's EastEnders, Nick Cotton asked Dot for 'a second chance'.

07 February, 2015 21:29
London Live (Sky 117, Virgin 159, Freeview 8) are having a so-called Danny Dyer season, from which Lower Mound decided to record Goodbye Charlie Bright, which we have just watched. However, Dyer barely featured in the film, meaning it shouldn't really be considered part of a season bearing his name. The film didn't make a great deal of sense, and it wasn't until I read the film’s Wikipedia page that I fully understood what I had watched.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
11 February, 2015 08:44
Australia.

Eurovision song contest.

11 February, 2015 19:42
Australia

Winners of the Asia Cup.

Formally in Oceania Oz got cheesed off with beating up on NZ and the Cook Islands at football so got themselves moved into the Asia group and promptly won it.

Only in FIFA could it happen.

adelaide (IP Logged)
13 February, 2015 10:55
Lovely club.

Employing Mourinho.

02 April, 2015 17:59
I know I wrote about this on this thread in August 2013, but I see it as an oxymoron that considering Middlesex and Sydney Sixers both wear pink for Twenty20 cricket and Sydney Thunder wear a colour similar to the lime which Surrey used to wear, there seems to be a high crossover of players between Middlesex and the Thunder and between Surrey and the Sixers. This has continued today with Surrey’s signing the Sixers’ Moises Henriques. As a Sixers supporter, I don’t know what to think!

07 April, 2015 20:06
Those who enjoyed lots of internet access today and did not attend the Middlesex AGM arguably know more about the club than those who did attend the AGM! I did not find out the close of play score of the match v Oxford MCCU, view the club’s new website or see images of the club’s limited-overs kits until arriving home due to none of those subjects being discussed at the AGM.

03 May, 2015 21:50

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
22 May, 2015 16:46
Australia in Eurovision Song Contest

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
26 May, 2015 09:02
An Aussie England team coach

Current Page: 11 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net