cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Current Page: 14 of 16

Re: Oxymorons
Fozzie (IP Logged)
14 June, 2016 16:58
Quote:
BarmierKev
England fans are attacked by Russian fans in the stadium. England have been threatened with ban from Euro championships.

Given that England fans have plenty of previous, including the couple of days before the match on the streets of Marseilles, I find it difficult to get too outraged on their behalf, albeit that the scenes in the stadium were instigated by Russian fans. Incidentally, if this results in Russia losing the 2018 World Cup (unlikely, but a nice thought) I'll be very happy.

Fozzie (IP Logged)
14 June, 2016 17:00
From last night's Belgium v Italy match, neither Hazard or Immobile appeared to be particularly aptly named.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
19 June, 2016 14:20
An ardent campaigner for peace amongst all communities is murdered because of this cause.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
27 June, 2016 23:15
Roy Hodgson describing the England Team as "fantastic". I did hear this right.

Barmy Kev

adelaide (IP Logged)
27 June, 2016 23:48
"England football" and "team"

adelaide (IP Logged)
06 July, 2016 19:03
The One Show is currently on BBC2.

Adelaide

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
13 July, 2016 20:13
Speaking to Middlesex’s Audioboom page, John Simpson starts by saying that he is “speechless”, before proceeding to speak for more than nine minutes, which is treble the average length of these features.

14 July, 2016 05:00
Not quite "speechless" but very quiet in interview. Either he needed to speak up a bit or KH needed to get that microphone a lot closer to the birthday boys mouth.

Colossus with the bat,epic fail with the mic.

Who'se in the house? Simmo's in Summerzets house smiling smiley

Fozzie (IP Logged)
14 July, 2016 17:18
Headline on BBC News: Boris Johnson "humbled" by appointment to Foreign Secretary.

Boris Johnson + humility? Does not compute...

Fozzie (IP Logged)
14 July, 2016 17:19
Headline on BBC News: Boris Johnson "humbled" by appointment to Foreign Secretary.

Boris Johnson + humility? Does not compute...

adelaide (IP Logged)
14 July, 2016 23:41
Boris Johnson encouraged to get involved in foreign affairs?

Adelaide

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
05 August, 2016 22:48
Wembley Stadium advertise match there . "Liverpool v Barcelona The International Champions Cup" (Ahem)

Barmy Kev

20 August, 2016 21:57
Northamptonshire: not worthy of continuing to play Twenty20 cricket.

22 August, 2016 19:12
Yesterday, Angus Fraser said “there is currently a lot of international cricket being or about to be played”. However, the fourth Test between West Indies and India saw just 22 overs on day one and no play on the final four days, while the first Test between South Africa and New Zealand saw 77.4 overs on day one, 22 overs on day two and no play on days three and four. We have to see whether those hoping for further action in the latter match will have any luck on tomorrow's final day.

adelaide (IP Logged)
02 September, 2016 13:09
Harrow-on-the-Hill tube station. Because it isn't.

adelaide (IP Logged)
11 September, 2016 18:12
Not an oxymoron but I was a bit taken aback to hear the Radio Devon rugby commentators saying "..and Saracens get the ball back. Good!". Local radio bending over backwards to be fair, I thought.

Then I realised they were referring to the Sarries' full back...

Adelaide

adelaide (IP Logged)
12 September, 2016 19:26
Road signs near Ongar directing you to "Secret Nuclear Bunker"

Adelaide

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
29 October, 2016 17:33
2 Surrey fans turning up for Middlesex championship winning party.

Barmy Kev

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
29 October, 2016 20:21
Ed Balls

Dancer

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
01 January, 2017 13:59
Hull

City of culture.

Current Page: 14 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net