cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Current Page: 6 of 16

Re: Oxymorons
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
21 September, 2013 16:01
Lots of money and Division 2 cricket

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
21 September, 2013 16:06
Surrey

Division 1

Fozzie (IP Logged)
20 October, 2013 19:05
Cardiff Blues rugby union team - play in pink.

Cardiff City FC - nickname is the Bluebirds, but now play in red.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2013 11:39 by Fozzie.

adelaide (IP Logged)
21 October, 2013 00:04
London Transport once announced that (something like) the 125 would be run with orange and cream buses - by Grey-Green!

Adelaide

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
21 October, 2013 20:15
There is a Twitter page called Slow Sports News, which posts news from years ago and is often entertaining to look at. However, it is an oxymoron in the following two ways:

1. It was where I found out about Tony Mowbray's departure from Middlesbrough FC manager, as they retweeted a post from a Paddy Power parody account, meaning that perhaps the page isn't as slow after all.
2. It only seems to cover football, meaning it is hardly worthy of using the word 'sport'.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
26 November, 2013 18:25
Middlesex " Home" game at the Oval

Barmy Kev

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/11/2013 20:04 by BarmierKev.

26 November, 2013 20:12
One of the ways to access the 2014 county fixtures on Cricinfo is to click on a tab title 'Archive', even though the matches are in the future.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
22 December, 2013 20:56
Having virtually no chance of winning a game of cricket but having some chance of a draw if you don't lose wickets and trying to hit sixes increasing the chance of losing your wicket.

JD and KP you are utter Oxys.

Barmy Kev

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
22 December, 2013 22:04
Oxymoron-

A stupid person who lives in Oxford.

(From the Uxbridge English Dictionary)

17 January, 2014 08:26
Joe Root as a batsman, as his batting form doesn't seem great, yet the make-up of the current England one-day side means he has an opportunity to contribute to the side as their best spin option.

It could be worse, as he could have been born overseas and taken the amount of players in the current England one-day side born outside of England above 50%, but the fact he was born in Sheffield keeps that figure down to five. Still, it makes it an oxymoron to call the team 'England'.

adelaide (IP Logged)
17 January, 2014 11:39
Using the Start button to shut down your computer.

Adelaide

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
29 January, 2014 18:57
Scheduled cricket matches getting rescheduled due to football matches that probably won't happen to the inconvenience of genuine cricket fans.

I think there are 2 oxymorons in that sentence a

29 January, 2014 20:24
When something is brought forward xx days, it sounds like the new date will be original date + xx days, but in fact means the new date is original date - xx days (e.g. if something scheduled for 15th December is brought forward two days, it sounds like the '15th' is brought forward by two to become '17t'’, but in fact means it becomes '13th').

And the term 'put back' sounds like the new date is earlier than originally scheduled, but in fact means it will be later.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
08 February, 2014 11:08
Opening ceremony for Winter Olympics when games has already started.

Barmy Kev

08 February, 2014 20:28
Animal Defenders International sounds like an organisation which condones the practice of forcing animals to withstand footballers hurling balls at them, but they are actually an anti-animal-cruelty organisation.

10 March, 2014 18:30
England touring West Indies in an effort to be as well-prepared as possible for the World Twenty20, only for Joe Root to suffer an injury which rules him out of the tournament and Stuart Broad to forgo a much-needed rest period and then aggravate a knee problem thus which makes his fitness for the World Twenty20 uncertain.

Beeamazed (IP Logged)
10 March, 2014 18:41
Wheelie and Brain

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
29 March, 2014 18:20
Steve Finn " unselectable", Jade Dernbach " undroppable"

Barmy Kev

Beeamazed (IP Logged)
29 March, 2014 21:18
This love affair with Dernbach is no longer a joke.
It is totally embarrassing.
One decent score of 50 from any batter we
would have been home and hosed.
Wheelie still working his magic....

Beeamazed (IP Logged)
29 March, 2014 21:28
Sorry chaps
Wrong thread, but you get my drift....

Current Page: 6 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net