cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Current Page: 9 of 18

Re: Oxymorons
adelaide (IP Logged)
20 June, 2014 13:47
"Winchmore Hill moved off the bottom of the Saracens Herts League Division Two after a seven wicket win at Eastcote" (Enfield Independent).

Actually, I think it is the newspaper's error (which they made a couple of weeks ago too) but it is a bit odd given that most local paper sports reports are basically what the club provides.

Adelaide

adelaide (IP Logged)
27 June, 2014 14:50
From the BBC travel news site, something like-

"Delays due to slow traffic at Crosshands because of people on their way to the Goodwood Festival of Speed."

I suppose it would not be a potential oxymoron if the spped involved were, er, something different.

Adelaide

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
29 June, 2014 20:58
Tour De France starting from Leeds

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
20 July, 2014 00:20
A road in Scarborough called Bar Street. Not one bar in it.

Fozzie (IP Logged)
30 July, 2014 23:45
Overheard at the Commonwealth Games: a trackside commentator describing a New Zealand cyclist as "the flying kiwi".

31 July, 2014 05:12
on the same li8nes any Scandanavian rally driver of the last few decades has been known as the flying ..... (inset) Finn,Dane etc.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
06 August, 2014 20:47
Bernie Ecclestone paid his way out of a bribery trial

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
15 August, 2014 18:20
I'm on a " fast"Met line train that is at a virtual standstill being overtaken by a semi fast one.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
15 August, 2014 18:26
I can remember when fast Mets non stopped Harrow on the Hill and West Harrow as well. All the way from Finchley Road to Rayners Lane. Top speed in those days was 70mph. It takes longer now than it did 45 years ago.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
15 August, 2014 19:15
In an U-21 match live on Sky Sports 5, Manchester City have just scored a goal v Chelsea that took a couple of deflections, and the commentator said "a Messi goal". There was nothing Messiesque about that! Oh, he said "a messy goal".

It makes no sense that on Virgin Media, the final figure of the channel numbers of the Sky Sports channels no longer correspond with which channel it is, as Sky Sports 1 is 502 when 501 would make more sense, and Sky Sports 5 is 506 when 505 would make more sense. Apparently, it is a similar story for Sky subscribers. Apparently, Sky Sports have insisted that Sky Sports HQ must now come before their other channels.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
23 August, 2014 17:45
Malky Mackay after his comments proven to be made by him, which I won't repeat here, saying he is not a racist.

Barmy Kev

adelaide (IP Logged)
23 August, 2014 17:50
Now we know why Mackay and Moody apologised to Tan and withdrew their bids for compensation. They knew what could come out if they didn't play ball.

Adelaide

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
23 August, 2014 18:00
August.

Central heating.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
27 August, 2014 16:59
England named team playing a home game in Wales. The Oxymoron is why we are called England.

Barmy Kev

adelaide (IP Logged)
27 August, 2014 17:27
Wishing everybody good luck before a lottery draw. The word "lottery" should be a clue.

Adelaide

adelaide (IP Logged)
28 August, 2014 14:04
Wayne Rooney saying that the England captaincy is both "a dream come true" and also "beyond his wildest dreams".

Adelaide

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
28 August, 2014 14:54
Wayne Rooney England Captain.

Barmy Kev

adelaide (IP Logged)
28 August, 2014 15:14
Danny Rose, England squad

Adelaide

28 August, 2014 21:44
A lot of people are saying Warwickshire could do the treble. However, they don't call themselves that in Twenty20 cricket!

31 August, 2014 20:43
The first place where I found out about Beppe Sannino's resignation as Watford manager was not when searching for Watford news, but in the top Tweet on my list of Middlesex-related Twitter accounts. I thought viewing the list would give me information on Middlesex v Warwickshire, not Watford!

The Tweet in question was something reTweeted by All Out Cricket editor John Stern, who is only on the list because he claims to support Middlesex.

Current Page: 9 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net