cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Let the 2019 season begin

Current Page: 54 of 54

Re: Football thread another new one
adelaide (IP Logged)
17 January, 2019 17:14
Beefy

I was teasing on MOT, I'm afraid.

A few years back, when Birmingham City were relegated at WHL, the City fans sang Keep Right On to the End of the Road and were applauded by the Spurs fans. Similar thing, I suppose, though Marching on Together sound a teeny bit paramilitary!

Adelaide

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
17 January, 2019 18:43
Marching on Together was actually the 'B' side of the record,with the other side called...Leeds United...How do they think these names up?!
Mind you,some of the songs that were bought out were just a bit worse!
Gone are those days of cup final songs,following the team on the coach to Wembley.
Cup Final It's a Knockout,Interviewing the wives etc of players....Oh,those were the days,and a 3 o'clock kick off!!!

Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
23 January, 2019 13:08
Bielsa now purchasing a drone Beefy for future spying missions.

Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
23 January, 2019 13:09
Pawson man of the match on Sunday.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 22:06
Heading towards squeaky bum time in the championship now.
14 games left,it's just not doing my nerves,or my nails any good what so ever!

adelaide (IP Logged)
17 April, 2019 23:14
I'm dreaming, right?

Adelaide

lower pavilion (IP Logged)
20 April, 2019 11:46
I must say after 60 years of devotion, I am beginning to fall out of love with this great game. Money rules, and though you can not blame the players and coaches, they are all earning money in the premier league that is totally beyond my comprehension.

Turning to my team Chelsea, and yes I still have a season ticket. Apparently this season, according to the media, critics and some Chelsea supporters, has been a total disaster. Yet we are still fighting for a top four finish in the premier league, and we are in the semi final of the Europa League. I have had a feeling for some while, that the final will be Chelsea v Arsenal in Azerbaijan, and no, I will not be going. I did go to Moscow where we played and lost to Manchester Utd in the final of the Champions League.

Despite what the critics and media say. During the Abramovic era lasting 16 seasons we have won

1 Champions League. 1 Europa League. 5 Premier League titles. 5 FA Cups.3 League Cups.

15 major trophies in 16 seasons and by the end of the season it could be 16.

I would suggest to the critics and media, that record is truly one of the greatest golden eras any club has enjoyed. Like all golden eras, it must come to an end at some point, and one does not have to be a genius to work that out.

However, at least as far as Chelsea is concerned, I have seen everything, including being at the Allianz Stadium in Munich on the 19th May 2012 when i witnessed a footballing miracle. An English team beat a German team in a penalty shootout. The greatest night of my life

Health permitting, I hope to be at Lords on Sunday. Enjoy the holiday weekend every one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/04/2019 11:49 by lower pavilion.

Current Page: 54 of 54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net