cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Re: Contracts Update
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
02 March, 2016 18:37

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
02 March, 2016 19:02
Very good news.

15 June, 2016 14:19
Toby signs till end of 2019-

[middlesexccc.com]

08 August, 2016 19:12

24 August, 2016 19:42
The fact we reached late-August with Ollie Rayner’s future at Middlesex unresolved got me worried, and my fears were compounded when I thought I heard he had made Chelsea’s substitutes bench for Saturday’s match at Watford (it turned out the player was actually Ola Aina). Therefore, it is a relief that Rayner has extended his contract at Middlesex until 2018.

I anticipated there was a good chance that the two-week break without any 1st XI matches would be used for this contract extension to be agreed.

abdul (IP Logged)
07 September, 2016 01:47
Cameron Steel appears 2 be playing for Durham 2nd xl after playing for Middlesex 2nd xl,did he not have a contract this year.

07 September, 2016 19:49
I don’t know a great deal about Cameron Steel’s situation. If another county gives him an opportunity, then I doubt Middlesex would try to dissuade him from taking it, as I don’t think he is seen as being close to breaking into our 1st XI.

When I first heard his name, I was led to believe that he is predominately a spinner. However, the list of match he has played on the Cricket Archive database in 2016 shows that bowling spells have been few and far between, and also that his batting has been inconsistent.

It is a shame that he is biting the hand that used to feed by scoring 95 for Durham v Middlesex in the Second Eleven Championship final, although it is testament to how much his bowling appears to have regressed that he is not one of the nine bowlers to have so far bowled in our reply.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
16 September, 2016 13:55
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
What do you mean, S_M?
It's 2016, unless the club say differently.

Edit- the club have an 'option' for 2017, but the contract as it stands is only until 2016, so it's important the opening post is factually correct. I assume it means we paid him a few bob extra for a clause that says we have first refusal in 2017.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Seldom look at this thread but noticed the chunky comment.

I read that James Franklin had signed a contract with Middlesex for two years with a one year option.

As it is with Middlesex, the one year option is just that and not a first refusal. Both parties have to be happy which I guess they will be.

10 October, 2016 18:41
Quote:
Jonathan Winsky
I don’t know a great deal about Cameron Steel’s situation. If another county gives him an opportunity, then I doubt Middlesex would try to dissuade him from taking it, as I don’t think he is seen as being close to breaking into our 1st XI.
When I first heard his name, I was led to believe that he is predominately a spinner. However, the list of match he has played on the Cricket Archive database in 2016 shows that bowling spells have been few and far between, and also that his batting has been inconsistent.

It is a shame that he is biting the hand that used to feed by scoring 95 for Durham v Middlesex in the Second Eleven Championship final, although it is testament to how much his bowling appears to have regressed that he is not one of the nine bowlers to have so far bowled in our reply.

After he impressed for Durham 2nd XI and didn’t seem close to breaking into Middlesex’s 1st XI, it is not particularly surprising that Cameron Steel has signed a development contract at Durham for 2017. Coach Jon Lewis has spoken highly of Steel, saying that Middlesex have released him due to Nick Compton losing his central contract, that he has always rated Steel highly and that they worked together at Durham MCCU.

Primrose Hillbilly (IP Logged)
15 October, 2016 08:45
On behalf of the Spin To Win brigade, may I say how delighted we all are that we may look forward to Ravioli on the menu for future years.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
15 October, 2016 12:10
James Franklin comments at the Players Award Dinner and the Autumn Forum.

At the Players Awards DinnerJF said that he had enjoyed his time with a great Club like Middlesex.

And to quote his words ' I hope to have one or two years more here'. This to a round of applause.

At the Forum, in answer to a question about the Lords wickets and the season in general.

JF said that that the game at MTS with a more bowler friendly wicket and a win, had kick-started our season.He added, that afterwards we found a way to workaround the Lords tracks.

Given Adam Voges uncertain availability, due to Australia claims. I would think JF stands a good chance of continuing in the captaincy role if retained for the 2017 season.

18 October, 2016 16:17
3 year deal for Gubbo.

(Sm152)

[www.middlesexccc.com]

04 November, 2016 16:55
Stevie Eskinazi signs 3 year deal-

[www.middlesexccc.com]

By the way, I've just realised Timmy seems to be out of contract.

Need to sort that out ASAP.

08 November, 2016 14:54
Timmy signs for another two years.

[www.middlesexccc.com]

(Sm152)

dingy bags (IP Logged)
08 November, 2016 18:47
Well deserved. I'd have given him three.

Just hope the old boy is up to it!!

08 November, 2016 19:13
I guess we want to avoid a Chris Silverwood type situation, when someone goes on a year too long. Seam bowlers more than batsmen sometimes see their powers drop off a cliff edge if they suddenly lose a bit of pace (not that Murts has any pace in the first place)

16 December, 2016 17:27
Simmo signs till end of 2019-

[www.middlesexccc.com]

(Sm152)

04 January, 2017 17:46
The General signs till the end of 2018 season.

Shades of Spurs tying down all their top talent here but without the press pic of Richard Goatley shaking hands with the recipient of the new contract.

A top senior pro and a real asset with bat and ball not to mention general nouce about the game.

dingy bags (IP Logged)
04 January, 2017 19:18
Echo Diamond's words.

The club haven't actually said he will be captain. There was talk as to how we hoped Voges would return in 2017 but events have now made that a lot less likely. I'd be happy with The General as skipper but I wonder who our overseas will be - and will he come as captain?

Beeamazed (IP Logged)
04 January, 2017 19:25
No brainer to me General retains captaincy.
Overseas have no divine right to captaincy.
There must be top class players jumping at the chance
to join the champions.
What department is anyone's guess?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net