cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Re: Contracts Update
Primrose Hillbilly (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 13:53
Great news re 'Arry.

Lovely bloke, and 'e seems toarrrve retained 'is arrccent last time Iyeardim speak to Kev and I.

In the spirit of boldness, playing without fear and giving people hope etc... I'd like to see him told, "Right, we know what Dial M can do, now you give us reasons why we should pick you over him", and give 'arry first go with the new ball.

Four overs at top pace, never mind the runs, get us wickets.

I'd rather we had the oppo 95-4 at lunch than 55-1.

21 January, 2018 17:52
Going to need a few senior heads around the side in Div 2 to make any sort of a push for promotion, lots of other good sides in that division so signing Harry to a longer contract is a good idea.

Given an extended run in he side he will take us loads of wickets and Dial M ain't getting any younger so will need managing next season too.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 18:58
It is great news that Tom Helm has extended his contract at Middlesex, not that I had any fears he may leave.

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 20:07
Contracted Players 2018 (28)

* Ashton Agar 2018 (t20 overseas)
* Martin Andersson 2018
* Ethan Bamber 2020
* Tom Barber 2019
* Dwayne Bravo 2018 (t20 overseas)
* Hilton Cartwright 2018 (overseas)
* Nick Compton 2018
* Stevie Eskinazi
* Steven Finn
* James Franklin 2018
* James Fuller 2018
* Nick Gubbins
* James Harris
* Tom Helm
* Max Holden 2020
* Tom Lace 2020
* Dawid Malan
* Eoin Morgan
* Tim Murtagh 2018
* Ravi Patel 2018
* Ollie Rayner (currently on loan to Hampshire)
* Sam Robson
* Toby Roland-Jones
* George Scott
* John Simpson 2019
* Nathan Sowter 2019
* Paul Stirling 2019
* Robbie White

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 28/06/2018 06:23 by Patsy_Hendren.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
30 May, 2018 10:50
That's very interesting PH,I wonder how many players are out of contract at end of season?

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
30 May, 2018 15:07
Franklin, Murtagh, Compton, Fuller, Andersson. Patel

See first post on page 1, which Jonathan always keeps up to date.

Edit, because I accidentally left Patel off the list.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 30/05/2018 18:56 by chunkyinargyll.

30 May, 2018 15:32
By the way, I don't think any of them can take it for granted they will still be here this time next year.

Franklin and Compton I'm sure will be gone (that's not meant nastily- it's just that teams have to rejuvenate every so often).

Fuller- well he hasn't been fit half the time, so isn't exactly indispensable- so it depends if he can get in the first team over the next few months, and prove himself.

Murtagh- Gus may well remember Siverwood going on a season too long, and he will be 37 in August. Gus might sooner Murtagh goes out still worth his place in the side, rather than go one year too many.

Patel- apparently he struggles to be fit enough to get through 4 day games, which is why Rayner usually gets the nod. Depends if we are happy to have someone who plays one day cricket, but seldom four.

Andersson- I think this is his final year at uni. He always seems to put good performances in for the 2's, even though he is yet to break in to the firsts, so hopefully he gets a couple of years to prove himself.

hdo (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 11:34
I'd be happy to keep Murts for as long as he wants to play. He puts the ball in the right areas and gets his rewards.

adelaide (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 16:06
I'd say Murtagh ought to be a pretty good bowling coach, because he has learnt how to make best use of the talents he has got, rather than finding it easy from the start. A joint coaching/playing contract for another year perhaps?

Adelaide

hdo (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 17:36
Some people might say that keeping Murts in the team is holding back our young seam bowlers. I've watched Tom Barber a few times this year and I know who I'd rather have opening the bowling. Age is just a number.

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 11:01
I appreciate that we must plan for the future but someone is deemed good enough to play and is earned on merit then there should be no issue.

The current Kent all-rounder Darren Stevens (42) is a classic example just as John Emburey and Fred Titmus were. I take the point that some cricketers can go on too long but age should not be taken as a barrier for its own sake.

We should try to pick the best XI available with hopefully a blend of youth and experience.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 14:20
I agree,we should have a blend of youth and experience to compliment eachother.

30 August, 2018 10:03
Martin Andersson has signed a full time two year deal (until now he was on a summer contract, because of university)

[www.middlesexccc.com]

Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 06:30
With thanks to Jonathan Winsky for restarting the Contracts Update thread. Please note that Arthur Godsal has left the club.

According to the "Salisbury Journal", the Ealing bowler Arthur Godsal (20) started this year as a first year undergraduate at the Southampton Solent University. He joined the South Wilts club in April and has also represented the Hampshire 2nd XI.

He rose through the Middlesex Academy system from the age of 11 and played for the 2nd XI (2013-2017). He earned a summer contract in 2017 which was not renewed due to a knee injury.

He also represented the England under-19 team in India last winter.

Contracted Players 2018 (22)
(updated 30.10.18)

2018 (7)
* Ashton Agar (released)
* Dwayne Bravo (released)
* Hilton Cartwright (released1
* Nick Compton (retired)
* James Franklin (released)
* James Fuller (now Hampshire)
* Ravi Patel (released)

2019 (6)
* Tom Barber
* Tom Helm
* Tim Murtagh
* John Simpson
* Nathan Sowter
* Paul Stirling

2020 (5)
* Martin Andersson
* Ethan Bamber
* Jack Davies
* Max Holden
* Tom Lace

To be advised (11)
* Stevie Eskinazi
* Steven Finn
* Nick Gubbins
* James Harris
* Dawid Malan
* Eoin Morgan
* Ollie Rayner
* Sam Robson
* Toby Roland-Jones
* George Scott
* Robbie White

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/10/2018 09:27 by Seaxe Boy.

adelaide (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 15:12
Quote:
BeefyRoberts
I agree,we should have a blend of youth and experience to compliment eachother.

I agree that young and old players should say very nice things to each other.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Adelaide

Mart (IP Logged)
01 September, 2018 13:51
Eskinazi, Gubbins and Roland-Jones are contracted until 2019.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

[www.bbc.co.uk]

[www.middlesexccc.com]

Finn has signed a multi-year contract.

[www.middlesexccc.com]

Malan signed a long-term contract but I can't find the article now.

01 September, 2018 14:05
The first three you mentioned may be longer than that, as unspecified contract extensions were announced for about seven players this winter (and I think they were among them). Middlesex and Sussex have gone down the same route of now not saying how long new contracts are for (Andersson being a rare exception). This time last year we knew the dates for everyone on the staff, so the fact the first post on page one has a lot of question marks by names means they have recently renewed for undisclosed length of time.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
01 September, 2018 16:29
I can confirm that in December 2017, Middlesex announced in two separate articles on their website that Nick Gubbins and Sam Robson and Eoin Morgan, Toby Roland-Jones, Ollie Rayner and Stephen Eskinazi had all extended their contracts for undisclosed lengths.

The story about Dawid Malan’s most recent contract is that there was lots of speculation inside and outside our fanbase that he was out of contract (perhaps prompted by this thread), so someone asked the top table at a forum about Malan’s future, to which Richard Goatley replied that Malan had singed a new contract but that the club hadn’t announced it.

Sussex Seaxe (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 12:31
I know it was a typo JW, but I couldn't help chuckling when I read that he had singed a new contract! Hopefully not....

18 September, 2018 13:53
Steve Finn has said on commentary that his current contract expires at the end of 2019.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net