cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Bopara and Footitt
BREARS (IP Logged)
01 October, 2015 18:25
Such an expert from 400 miles away. Who's better? Fuller or Footitt?? Oh I forgot, you ain't seen them, like you haven't seen Helm or George Scott or any of the other players you cast an opinion on

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
01 October, 2015 18:30
I HAVE seen Tom Helm play,

Read back over this thread.

I don't need to have seen Sir Don Bradman play to form the opinion he was probably quite good.

I regularly see 2 championship matches a year, plus Sky.

02 October, 2015 08:31
Another Ravi Bopara interview with a local rag, where he seems to be talking in a way that implies he expects to still be at Essex next season.

[www.echo-news.co.uk]

03 October, 2015 09:05
Less than 24 hours ago-

Graeme Welch hopes Mark Footit may stay with Derbyshire-

[www.derbytelegraph.co.uk]

So- whatever happens he clearly hasn't yet signed for Middlesex, or anyone else.

I'm 100% confident in this.

Chunkyinargyll
News at Ten
430 miles away.

dingy bags (IP Logged)
08 October, 2015 19:21
Our chairman rubbished rumours about these two.

I am 100% confident that he said this.

13 October, 2015 18:17
And they'll be dancing in the streets of Chelmsford tonight, as Ravi Bopara signs a new 2 year deal with Essex.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I'm 100% confident about this.

ChunkyinArgyll
News at Ten
430 miles away

15 October, 2015 14:52
Mark Footitt signs 4 year deal with Surrey.

So say Sky.

Link when available.

I'm 100% confident about this.

Chunkyinargyll
News at Ten
430 miles away

15 October, 2015 15:03
Link here-

[www.kiaoval.com]

(Sm148)

adelaide (IP Logged)
15 October, 2015 16:24
Not any more.

To be fair, NSP just said he was 100% confident that the deals were done. He didn't specify in that first post that they were with the 'Sex.

Adelaide

Haringey Racer (IP Logged)
15 October, 2015 17:13
Surrey's PR calls Footitt an 'England bowler'. Not yet he isn't. Training with the squad doesn't count.

adelaide (IP Logged)
15 October, 2015 18:53
They wouldn't want him if he was a regular England bowler, as he would then hardly play. You want your recruits to be good ... but not that good.

Adelaide

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
23 October, 2015 12:54
It seems that Ronnie Irani won the day with Bopara. Also reported that Derbyshire received a wagon full of pesos as a fee for Footitt.

And as an aside on Bopara re Paul Stirling. Paul is now rated by the ICC (Oct 5) as the 30th best T20 international batsman.

He has signed a one year extension for 2016. Given that white ball players are an endangered species at The Middle. That needs to be reviewed pdq IMHO.

If as said by Gus at The Forum, the opening four in red ball cricket (2016) will be Robbo, Gubbins, Compo and Mala. Then given the uncertain nature of any o/s we may get, batsman or all rounder, then, Paul has to be in the frame for the 5 or 6 position when as with others, he is not required by Ireland. Mala may also be in the England frame in white ball cricket as well.

His (Stirling) spin bowling could also be an asset in red ball cricket, if used a bit more. So take care we don't clumsily lose another player who we have spent time on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2015 15:24 by Seaxe_Man.

23 October, 2015 13:11
S_M That's the point really. We sign another all rounder, and Stirling won't get in the cc side. Valuable as he is in one dayers, if he doesn't get in cc side he will be off this time next year. I'm sure we offered Stirlo longer than one year, so it is the player who wishes to keep his options open.

adelaide (IP Logged)
23 October, 2015 18:30
Do we have an explanation yet from the OP f how these done deals became undone? Or has the OP left the building?

Adelaide

23 October, 2015 19:55
A bit of logic would have said we wouldn't be after Footitt.

There is no point buying an apple (Footitt) if you need a banana (Fuller)

We needed to improve our one day side as MurtagH virtually never plays T20, and Roland-Jones doesn't play that many T20 either, The very thing that makes them so good in the four day game (nagging accuracy) makes them meat and drink in T20, so weed needed a Steve Crook type character (Fuller) who isn't scared to mix it up a bit. Like Crook, one or two will probably label him 'lucky' (batsmen caught on boundary) but it isn't lucky if you have subtelly reduced your pace so the batsman slightly mistimes his shot.

Anyway, I declare myself quite happy with Fuller. Footitt would have wanted to play in the championship, were there isn't a vacancy.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
13 November, 2015 15:30
Good point re Stirlo, chunky. Given that Ireland are going to feature a lot more with both he and Murts with their upcoming programme, I would like to think that Paul's first preference is the Middle.

The Ireland duties will remain the same for him wherever. What we don't want, is to lose the bloke clumsily, as with one or two others.

He, Stirlo, is not the only squad member, short of 4day cricket.

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 20:36
Ravi Bopara has remained with Essex whilst Mark Footitt later left Surrey for Nottinghamshire. He is currently on loan at Derbyshire.

Jack Hearne (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 17:14
Mark Footitt has recently returned to Nottinghamshire following a 28-day loan spell with Derbyshire.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net