cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Richard Goatley appointed Chief Exec officer
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
12 October, 2015 13:37
[middlesexccc.com]

Good news (promotion from within).

Re: Richard Goatley appointed Chief Exec officer
BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
12 October, 2015 14:16
Congratulations to Richard.
A decent guy who is always approachable to chat with.
As you say Chunky,promotion within the club and thats always good as no need to start from scratch.
Now...who fills Richards position?

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
12 October, 2015 17:44
An obvious and the right choice . From my point of view I liked the way he addressed some of our fans major concerns this season. I'm sure there were other over riding reasons for this appointment.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Re: Richard Goatley appointed Chief Executive officer
Hearne and Hendren (IP Logged)
12 October, 2015 17:44
This is an excellent announcement. The Board has appointed a chartered accountant with a lengthy business experience and is also a long-time supporter of the club since boyhood.

I wish Mr Goatley every success and I am certain that he will not take long in finding a successor/s for his former role/s.

adelaide (IP Logged)
12 October, 2015 18:48
Am I supposed to cheer that he is a chartered accountant? Nothing against them but the accountants do seem to have inherited the earth these days.

Adelaide (no, I'm not a failed accountant)

12 October, 2015 18:55
Well at least this inheriting accountant has supported the club since he was a lad.

A wise appointment, Richard was after all Vinny's wing man for a decade so knows how the club should be run.

Like his ex boss he is always approachable (even gets the beers in now and then) and likes to hear the view from the trenches before tottling off to see the high command.

I just hope he has as much success in the CEO role as he did with the clubs finances.

Well done Richard , or should I say Sir smiling smiley

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
12 October, 2015 19:02
I am confident that Middlesex are in safe hands with Richard Goatley as chief executive thanks to the knowledge of the club which he has acquired not only in his previous role, but also when he was merely a member. Congratulations to him.

12 October, 2015 19:08
Good job his names not Billy. I wonder if he had a nanny?

lower pavilion (IP Logged)
12 October, 2015 20:16
I very rarely post these days, but did make a contribution re the thread, The Future of MTWD.
That was going to be my last post before winter set in. However,this is is an important subject

I was and am a great admirer of Vinny Codrington, who I thought was a superb Chief Executive of our club for many years. I wish Richard Goatley all the very best as he has very big shoes to fill.

I must confess that being promoted from within and being a long time supporter of the club has its merits but also has its drawbacks.

Have a good and peaceful winter everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2015 20:22 by lower pavilion.

dingy bags (IP Logged)
13 October, 2015 20:57
I agree with above post - it's great to have a proper Middlesex man in charge but promoting from within has the danger of no fresh ideas etc, Of course, it depends who now comes in as Richard'd replacement.

I have always found him approachable, genuinely prepared to listen and a big enthusiast for Middlesex cricket.

I certainly wish him well and will do what I can to support him (which may not be much in practice but there you go).

pantherlike (IP Logged)
17 October, 2015 08:12
Well said LP

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
20 October, 2015 19:36
It has today been announced that an audio Q&A session with Richard Goatley will take place every month, with the first taking place this Friday. People can submit questions by emailing middlesexmatters@middlesexccc.com or tweeting @Middlesex_CCC with the hashtag of #CEOQT.

I know that some supporters (or least MTWD posters) have lost a degree of trust with people from within the club (mainly due to the issue of how members are treated at Lord's), so hopefully these sessions will provide a means for that trust to be restored.

pantherlike (IP Logged)
21 October, 2015 09:28
A bit worrying to hear, perhaps the Q&A is a good thing.

Did the liaison officers approach continue after I returned in 2010?

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
21 October, 2015 12:34
Member Liaison persons are still there pantherlike, though the duties have changed somewhat. We now field suggestions from members, and pass them on to the hierarchy, either by word of mouth or email.Plus other odd jobs.

Some success can already be reported with the opening of the bar in the top of the Allen Stand to cover gaps with the loss of the downstairs Middlesex Room and followed up on the walkway in front of the Warner Stand, to gain access to the temporary Middlesex Room in the President's Box in the Grandstand.

Other MTWD stalwarts have also assisted in these matters.

And congrats to Richard Goatley on his appointment as CEO. Best man to follow in Vinny's footsteps and as others have said approachable and a solid Middlesex person promoted from within and knows the ropes around the parish.

His old job, described at the forum as Chief Operating Officer by Ian Lovett, presumably now requires to be filled.

22 October, 2015 04:16
COO was a cover title for acting CEO,his old job of FO will need to covered by the MB if all is to be well by the time of the AGM.

adelaide (IP Logged)
22 October, 2015 11:04
Too many TLAs and TLAs for me...

Adelaide

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
23 October, 2015 13:06
The first question time here.

[www.middlesexccc.com]

Most interesting point (to me) was Chris Rogers wasn't offered a contract.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
23 October, 2015 19:09
Well,i think this question time idea will go down well.
Some good points raised, agree with Chunky re Chris Rogers.
Possibly slim down the membership categories as well.
RG has got a lot to do.I like this change with Q and A sessions,a start in bringing the club a little closer to the membership.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net