cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Holden on loan to Northants
adelaide (IP Logged)
14 February, 2017 15:38
Cook wanting to continue playing in Tests for 4-5 years now is not the same as him wanting to carry on for 3-4 years this time next year, nor as the selectors wanting him to carry on! Who knows what his motivation and form will turn out to be.

Secondly, it is premature to think that Hameed and Jennings have the other spot (and Number 3) nailed down. I don't wish failure upon anyone playing for England but the world is full of class county batsmen who have been unable to deliver consistently at Test level. An Ashes tour, in particular, usually shreds a few batsmens' reputations.

Adelaide

Fozzie (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 14:49
A harsh introduction for Max Holden in his Championship debut for Northants - out for a duck to Harry Podmore!

07 April, 2017 19:55
Both loanees getting a game though,one enjoying it the other not.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
08 April, 2017 10:16
James Harris got a handy 33 in the Kent lower order in their current game. Kent of course want wickets from him.

I would like to see James succeed on his return. Only one outstanding season so far for The Middle.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
08 April, 2017 18:21
I am not sure who will be happier out of Max Holden and Harry Podmore, as Podmore’s match performance was better than Holden’s, although Northamptonshire become the first side to win a County Championship match this season, doing so by an innings inside two days.

23 June, 2017 22:55

07 July, 2017 18:52
Alex Wakely and Max Holden have spoken to the Hampstead & Highgate Express, with Wakely saying that Holden could become as good as Alastair Cook.

Unsurprisingly, Wakely would like Holden to remain with Northamptonshire for the rest of the season. As nice as it would be if Holden can soon break into Middlesex’s 1st XI, I would prefer him to spend the rest of the season with Northants, as I believe that would help his development. It would be nice if he plays some Twenty20 matches for Northants, although he isn’t selected v Derbyshire tonight.

Holden will captain England U-19s in two four-day matches v India in late-July/early-August.

02 October, 2017 20:56
It was announced at tonight’s forum that Max Holden has been named Northamptonshire's Young Player of the Season, and that their chairman contacted Middlesex chairman Mike O’Farrell to thank Middlesex for letting them briefly have Holden. Until being recalled, Holden had been an ever-present in Northants’ County Championship side, scoring 629 runs @ 39.31 with 2 centuries and 2 fifties in nine matches.

However, I don’t think Northants have announced this yet, so Middlesex’s supporters have learned about this before Northants’ supporters!

03 October, 2017 18:52

07 November, 2017 19:28

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net