cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Pre-season mailing
dingy bags (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 20:28
Can't be long before the envelopes drop onto the front mat. Anyone know when it all arrives?

Re: Pre-season mailing
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 23:01
Middlesex's Twitter feed implies that the mailing will be sent out in the next few days.

13 March, 2017 05:49
Rather than a week after the season starts like the Christmas one ?

dingy bags (IP Logged)
17 March, 2017 17:54
Waiting for me when I got in this evening. All in Middx blue which looks good. Includes a booklet simply stating the club philosophy.

Embers for president(which was easily spotted a few times last year); Frank 4 day and 50 over skipper, which I had not heard confirmed before.

Definitely a better feel to things than in the past, to my mind.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
17 March, 2017 19:56
Package has arrived,season is getting in touching distance.
Everything looking rosey.....except...No Middlesex Room again this year 😢😠

18 March, 2017 05:49
On the mat last evening,opened skimmed through and will be read in the now time honoured tradition today while I am on overtime.

Muntjac (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 09:02
Where is the info on the Middlesex Room? I've looked everywhere but I can never find anything!

Muntjac (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 09:05
Found it! Shame. Next season!

18 March, 2017 21:46
Good read.

Lots of stuff on the financial side of things, some good reviews and other bits of info in there to.

A good hour or so spent at BA reading it up, love the presentation of the package too , well thought out.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 12:39
Good to read the first decent profit since 2007. 117 grand gross 83 grand net. Giving the reserves a welcome boost after many a lean year.

The portfolio chipped in with 162000, the best for awhile with no 'uncertainty' on that front.

We have gained a number of golf clubs as partners I note and many others.

After some thought the restoration of the county crown to the replica gear no bad thing either, to those who describe us as 'North London Boroughs'

Their geography aint that good anyway, as there are also some east London and west London boroughs as well.

Described in 'Our Roots'as ' A County and a City from Tower Hamlets to Hillingdon'.

adelaide (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:28
I noted the following on pages 4-5 of the Annual Report:-

"... until some of our hugely talented squad make the final step up, our finances will remain heavily dependent on the fitness and selection of Eoin Morgan and Steven Finn."

To put it another way, if Morgan were to sign for Warwickshire (say), his new county (which he would barely play for) would trouser the money that we (who he barely plays for) get for him from the ECB. Or is it just the salary saving through central contracts that is the issue? That certainly helps with Finn but not for a player who barely plays for us (as a player who played so little without having those international commitments would not remain on a normal contract for long).

I'm not "getting at" Morgan for barely playing for us but the financial implications do seem a bit rum, unless I am misunderstanding something.

Adelaide

Fozzie (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 20:12
Quote:
Muntjac

Where is the info on the Middlesex Room? I haven't tracked it down yet!

Muntjac (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 20:17
Fizzle, second page of the inset which your new membership was attached to!

21 March, 2017 05:14
So about the last place anyone would look then.
(Sm109)

Surbiton crusader2 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 14:45
So will the Middlesex room ever reopen to members. Someone mentioned 2018 season but can find this anywhere???

SC2

Surbiton crusader2 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 14:53
Quote:
Muntjac

Does this mean that the Middlesex room will reopen for 2018 season?

SC2

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 15:39
Quote:
adelaide
I noted the following on pages 4-5 of the Annual Report:-
"... until some of our hugely talented squad make the final step up, our finances will remain heavily dependent on the fitness and selection of Eoin Morgan and Steven Finn."

To put it another way, if Morgan were to sign for Warwickshire (say), his new county (which he would barely play for) would trouser the money that we (who he barely plays for) get for him from the ECB. Or is it just the salary saving through central contracts that is the issue? That certainly helps with Finn but not for a player who barely plays for us (as a player who played so little without having those international commitments would not remain on a normal contract for long).

I'm not "getting at" Morgan for barely playing for us but the financial implications do seem a bit rum, unless I am misunderstanding something.

Adelaide

That is correct Adelaide. Pringle in the Cricket Paper reckons Finn's central contract is worth 700 grand. Don't know where he came by that information or whether it is accurate.

The Middlesex Room. If one has a look at the site. It will take time and money to restore that to it's previous state.

On the general point of centrally contracted players moving counties. There appears to be little point to that exercise unless it is a KP situation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/03/2017 15:42 by Seaxe_Man.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 15:45
Also good to note that the players and coaches visited 600 schools in the Parish of Middlesex taking and displayed the County Championship Trophy.

In raising awareness of both cricket and the county profile to youngsters: a good idea.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 16:26
I always thought the Middlesex Room (by name only) was going to be returned to the original condition by june/July and we were going to move back in.
Back to the mailing,Magazine is in depth and I like the focus on all playing sides.
Looking at the affiliate programme,and never knew so many sponsors etc were connected to the club.
Yea,I do like all the publications.

31 March, 2017 04:21
Time soon for all he talking to stop and the action to start in our defence of the Championship. Talk is cheap,glossy brochures with numerous new sponsors not so cheap but what really will count is taking the ethos of the "statement" onto the field of play and showing we mean what we say.

I always look forward to the new season but this year is the first in a long time that we are going to be hunted as Champions by every other side in the division and the rest in the other formats too.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net