cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Poll: Does new logo tick the right box
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 13:51

What do you think of Nike sponsoring our kit?

This is good news
Can't we stick to our traditional kit
Not bothered either way

You must be logged in to vote.

19 Votes

Show results

So we are being sponsored by Nike. We will keep the 3 Seaxes, but will have their ticked logo. Hopefully we will make some money out of it.

This has to be good news and certainly raises our profile. What do you think?

Re: Poll: Does new logo tick the right box
BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 15:45
As far as I can see,it's good news as extra cash for our club via sponsorship etc.
Should get bigger coverage with Nike being a worldwide sports company.
No idea on length of this,but must of been hard work by the club to secure this.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 19:28
I am sure that Nike will claim that the kit they manufacture is made of top-of-the range performance-enhancing materials, so perhaps that will make a positive difference to Middlesex. I suppose the most important question is whether our players feel comfortable in their kit, although the club will probably say that another important question is whether it will help us commercially.

I don’t know if there is much correlation between the brand recognition of a kit manufacturer and the perceived stature of a club, as there are some Premier League football clubs whose kit is made by companies seen as unglamourous or little-known, while there are plenty of lower-division clubs whose kits are made by the likes of Nike, adidas, Puma and Umbro.

I have voted for “Not bothered either way”.

Shots1992 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 20:19
It's a no brainer, Nike corporation love winners and pay considerable sums to have teams or players endorse their brand. I am unaware of the monies involved but rest assured Nike advertising will be all around Thomas Lord's cricket ground with the magnificent new Sir Pelham Warner stand. A friend of mine from Burhill Golf Club in Walton on Thames is the great player Paul Casey. I believe Nike pay him circa 5 million Dollars a year to use their golf clubs and sundry equipment.

rod/ed (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 20:42
Nike have recently stopped making golf clubs and balls. This despite having Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy use and endorse them. They still make clothing and pay considerable sums for those two players, plus Casey, to wear the logo.

I would have preferred the Seaxe to be larger on the new clothing, but money talks.

17 March, 2017 04:57
Change manufacturer but don't change the Counties badge so it looks like some sort of bastardisation of the tick and Real Madrid's.

I actually quite like it but the concept is wrong,changing something rather simple just to please a major world brand who as has been said will be off as soon as any downturn in fortunes starts.

A lot of people will not buy their products anyway,some for their perceived un-ethical methods of production,others like myself because of who else they sponsor and the price.

So I have gone for ,yes it's a good thing......purely on the financial aspect which is what keeps us afloat not whether I like Nike or the new "logo", not even called a badge anymore.

adelaide (IP Logged)
17 March, 2017 11:00
Shots

If Nike have advertising all round the ground it will be a deal with MCC rather than with Middlesex.

My initial reaction was "who cares?" as I support and watch a cricket team, not the kit. But if it brings money in and it's not a betting company or worse, that's fine by me. I'd worry about being too dependent upon it, though, particularly if sponsorship money and deals start to be concentrated on the Inglorious one's Eight.

Adelaide

Beeamazed (IP Logged)
17 March, 2017 17:25
The crowning of the Seaxes and the additional info of Middlesex Cricket are imho
totally unnecessary.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 12:47
Probably not Bea, but are there spondulicks attached?

With all the 'uncertainty' surrounding the grocers schemes, and whether he will put us out of business, I guess we probably have to grab what we can while we can.

2019 is the Year of the cricket earthquake.

Surbiton crusader2 (IP Logged)
25 March, 2017 10:05
Hampton and Richmond borough football club's badge is a shield divided into four quarters

a) Five wavy lines denoting the river Thames
b) Garrick's temple
c) St. Mary's church
AND
d) Three seaxes topped by a small crown

Below it are the initials HRBFC

It's been like this for many years

SC2

Shots1992 (IP Logged)
25 March, 2017 21:44
Money dominates sport whether you like it or not. Lord's Nike probably combine in marketing global trade terms. It is about the men who bat bowl and field for Middlesex, their outfit utterly irrelevant. Denis first man to advertise hair cream and plasters. 178 v safas

Shots1992 (IP Logged)
25 March, 2017 21:46
Staines still have badge

Shots1992 (IP Logged)
25 March, 2017 21:49
PCR Tufnell turned up with kit in a dustbin bag with whites nicked off a tramp! A thousand plus wickets. El gato

Shots1992 (IP Logged)
25 March, 2017 21:53
I must say a crown suits us sitting above 3 Seaxes. Henry Rex VIII lived in Middlesex.

Shots1992 (IP Logged)
25 March, 2017 23:39
When most counties tried to sign Tufnell at the end of his career he spoke on the radio and said I have retired I am a Middlesex man and that is who I play for! Legend and possibly last Middlesex bowler to bowl all day at Uxbridge and smoke on the field of play.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
27 March, 2017 11:20
Good news for Middlesex aficionados who cherish the County Heritage.

On my way down Wembley Way yesterday, an area which has undergone massive regeneration, since the FA correctly rebuilt Wembley.

Despite calls from Alan Green to build on the side of the M6. He lives in Stockport.

One of the new buildings is occupied by a branch of Middlesex University. Advertising this, is a massive sign over the entrance, Middlesex University, London with the County Crown and the Three Seaxes in blue, very prominent.

A blow for the media/political class from elsewhere who have been trying to airbrush Middlesex out of history for 50 years.

Had a bloke last year on returning from the T20 at the Hacienda, on the Victoria Line, on seeing my shirt, started bending my ear about our non existence.

Soon put him right and he disappeared back down the carriage.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
27 March, 2017 11:26
Quote:
Surbiton crusader2
Hampton and Richmond borough football club's badge is a shield divided into four quarters
a) Five wavy lines denoting the river Thames
b) Garrick's temple
c) St. Mary's church
AND
d) Three seaxes topped by a small crown

Below it are the initials HRBFC

It's been like this for many years

SC2

On that subject SC. The same is the case for the Wealdstone FC , the Pride of Middlesex they say, and Staines Town who also say that they are the Pride of Middlesex.

Fulham FC on their old badge, featured the County Arms and on the balustrades of Bishop's Park can be see the County Arms.

Our former owner, Al Fayad bunged Hammersmith and Fulham Council a million quid for the restoration of Bishop's Park. And very nice it looks now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net