cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Champions of England we know what we are

Middlesex Academy 2017
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 17:29
A record breaking (I think) 20 players in the academy for this year- compared with 13 for last year, which was more typical.

5 of last years 13 depart, namely Tom Lace, Stanley Tinkler, Arthur Godsal, Anshy Rath, and Kushal Patel.

Godsal, and Rath, in particular, must still have hopes of securing pro contracts. I seem to remember Tom Helm signed his first contract in May one year, so it is still possible (Rath being Hong Kong's stand out player, and Godsal having just been on an England U 19 tour)

8 remain- Ethan Bamber, Alfie Duke, Andrew Thomas, Jack Bruce (another who got England U 19 recognition this winter) Charlie Scott, Thilan Walallawita, Rahul Wijeratne, and Abdullah Nazir.

The 12 newcomers are-

Christian Boland RA Fast and 'improving bat'
Blake Cullen, all rounder (swing bowler)
Jack Davies top order LHB and wicketkeeper)
Josh de Caires (son of M A Atherton) top order RHB
Savin Perera, Top order LHB
Sahil Shukla, Top order LHB
Max John, all rounder (seam bowler)
Luke Hollman Top order LHB, leg spin
Rishi Wijeratne (younger brother of Rahul) LHB and off spin
Ned Leonard, fast bowling all rounder
Anosh Malik, (U 14 Top order bat)
Atharva Prasad (U 14 Top order bat)

Best of luck to all of them.

Re: Middlesex Academy 2017
fivestar (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 07:19
Think you might find thiings have changed. Rumours circulating that at least two of the above have been dismissed for various reasons. Always sad to lose your very best and most successful colts especially to non cricket related problems.

21 March, 2017 20:01
Thanks Fivestar. As I expect people realised,, all I did was take the info straight out of the members magazine, for the benefit of fans who aren't members.

Going by previous years, the website will update the academy section in one or two weeks time, at which point it will become apparent which two of the twenty I named are missing.

Mart (IP Logged)
26 March, 2017 17:31
Cullen, de Caires, Perera, Hollman, Wijeratne, Leonard and Prasad certainly deserve their selection. I am surprised Ross Forrester, Ishaan Kushal and Jafer Chofan weren't selected.

Solisla (IP Logged)
03 May, 2017 17:55
Any news on Anshy Rath, no news since this:

[www.espncricinfo.com]

Has not played any matches accordingly to scorecards on TCS?

03 May, 2017 18:17
He did make 123 in our first second Xi match of the season- but hasn't been involved with the 2's for the last fortnight. I don't know why that is.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net