cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Re: Other county championship matches 2017
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 20:06
The ball poped out of his hands

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Fozzie (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 20:58
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
But still local enough that he was in the Middlesex catchment area.

Indeed he was, Chunky, and was playing Minor Counties cricket for Bucks while still a schoolboy, which makes it even harder to understand why he slipped under the radar. My comment was just a private joke, as a Chesham man myself.

Sussex Seaxe (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 08:47
I was there on Saturday and enjoyed a very good day in all respects.

It was interesting to be accosted by the great commentator (?) Don Topley, who was handing out leaflets for his business. He was amiable to chat to for a few minutes and asked Mrs Seaxe and I who we were supporting. On saying that we were Middlesex supporters, so it was anyone but Surrey, he responded 'oh I'm exactly the same'!

Fozzie (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 11:30
Gurjit Sandhu making his first-year debut for Derbyshire today. Good luck, Gurjit.

His new team-mates include two spinners at opposite ends of their careers: Imran Tahir, whose been round the block a few times with numerous different teams, and Hamidullah Qadri, a 16-year-old Afghan refugee who bowled Derbyshire to their first win for yonks on his Championship debut last week.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 17:39
At Cheltenham-

Glamorgan 117 and 59-5

Glos 141

and Kent 431-1 v Northants Dickson 210* Denly 143*

Gurgit Sandhu so far 36* in last wicket partnership with Billy God 79* v Durham.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 18:00
It is great to see Gurjit Sandhu back in professional cricket. Whenever a player is released by Middlesex, I often think to myself that maybe a county such as Derbyshire or Leicestershire will give the player an opportunity, but it is rare that a player disappears then resurfaces.

It is appropriate that Derbyshire became the first county to field a player to be born in the 2000’s, as they were also the first to field a player born in the 1990’s in Dan Redfern.

A lot of people will be hopeful that batting conditions at Cheltenham for Friday’s Twenty20 opener between Gloucestershire and Middlesex will be easier than it was for Glos v Glamorgan. If Glos are deducted points, they would become the third team in division two to lose points (albeit in different circumstances to Durham and Leicestershire), and it be the second time they would have been penalised for a poor pitch at Cheltenham after an incident in 2013.

03 July, 2017 18:03
In my book Kent should be docked points for a pitch that produces 431-1

In its own way it's every bit as bad as a pitch that produces 25 wickets.

Won't happen though.

Fozzie (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 13:41
Max Holden has.taken his first Championship wickets for Northants, 2-59 against Kent. Out of a total of 701-7 declared...

adelaide (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 18:13
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
In my book Kent should be docked points for a pitch that produces 431-1
In its own way it's every bit as bad as a pitch that produces 25 wickets.

Won't happen though.

As should Essex for producing a pitch which generated 542-3.

Except...

Adelaide

04 July, 2017 18:33
The pitch at Cheltenham clearly improved, as Glamorgan took their overnight score from 59-5 to 158 all out, and Gloucestershire achieved their target of 135 without losing a wicket, although the match nonetheless finished inside two days as looked certain.

Both Northamptonshire and Surrey are only one wicket down in response to massive scores by their opponents, so the main excitement in those matches seems to be the run-scoring feats. A lot of neutrals were willing Sean Dickson to record the highest score in Kent’s history, but Max Holden dismissed him for 318, which was 14 short of Bill Ashdown’s record from 1934. Ashdown also had a score of 302 not out, which meant he had scored the only two treble hundreds in Kent’s history before today.

Haringey Racer (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 11:36
At Scarborough the Three Combined Counties (plus bits of Humberside) XI has conceded a first innings lead of 55 to Somerset.

Sussex Seaxe (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 16:14
Max Holden 151 not out

05 July, 2017 16:22
And now a hundred for Adam Rossington.

Northants currently 491-4 in reply to Kent 701-7 dec.

And Kent only lost 7 wickets because they were accelerating for a declaration.

Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 07:11
If anybody did the stats for matches where first innings batting scores were 500,600 or 700 most of those matches would have been drawn. I am not a lover of those big scores 450ish max.

06 July, 2017 11:08
Combined Counties in big trouble now. 36 for 4 chasing 337 at Scarborough.

06 July, 2017 13:37
Combined Counties delaying the inevitable thanks to some big hitting from the Durham academy -developed Plunkett.

adelaide (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 23:20
You could not make it up.

The Corridor is now having a go at the White Rose Forum as YCCC haters. Their main poster lists all the reasons and remedies given by WRF posters and suggests that some have got their prescriptions from pre-war Germany or the Soviet Union.

What he overlooks is that for pretty much every reason or remedy there is someone else saying that is wrong. In other words, it is a proper discussion forum where a wide range of views is given and tolerated, the precise opposite of the Corridor (and indeed of Soviet democratic centralism!).

I thought one or two posters on the Corridor also posted on WRF, as content and style looked similar. If that was so once, it may no longer be the case, given the decline in posters on the Corridor.

Reminds me a bit of the club pulling itself to pieces in the Boycott/Close/Hutton era. Perhaps it's a Yorkshire speciality.

Adelaide

07 July, 2017 05:39
As per normal, all comments on WRF are fair and measured. As per normal, Corridor of Xenophobia's one remaining poster starts bringing n*zi Germany in to things, for no obvious reason.

Yes, there were several people who used to post on both. The reasonable ones deserted Corridor of Xenophobia months ago, leaving Rick Thunder (now back as Manvers Main) and Donnylad to it.

07 July, 2017 17:11
It's not April 1st, so I promise this is true.

Jade Dernbach captaining Surrey in today's T20.

(Sm124)

09 July, 2017 08:49
It is great news that Nottinghamshire’s Luke Fletcher seems to be doing well after a shot hit him on the head v Warwickshire at Edgbaston last night. Jake Ball last night Tweeted a photo of Fletcher sitting up in an ambulance, while Fletcher sent a few Tweets this morning. I wasn’t watching the match when the incident happened, and unsurprisingly Sky are not going to show any replays, although the reaction of the players brought back memories of past horrific incidents on sportsfields.

I doubt Notts’ supporters will be particularly happy at their fixturelist, as it is arguably the peak of summer, yet they don’t play again until Friday 21st July. Admittedly, their matches come thick and fast after that, although that isn’t the best of news considering they won’t get much rest time.

The ‘played’ column of the Twenty20 group stage tables are likely to be unbalanced for much of the competition. Four counties (including Notts) have already played two matches, while four counties will be opening their campaign this afternoon.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net