cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Re: Other county championship matches 2017
Haringey Racer (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 21:20
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
It's not April 1st, so I promise this is true.
Jade Dernbach captaining Surrey in today's T20.

(Sm124)

And under his captaincy today Surrey conceded 12 penalty runs for not bowling their overs in time. Cricinfo quotes him as saying he wasn't aware of the rule. Apart from anything else did he not notice Essex running around like lunatics on Friday to avoid a penalty?

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 19:32
When looking at today’s Twenty20 results, I thought the biggest thrashing I would see would be Nottinghamshire chasing down Durham’s 183-7 inside 13.5 overs, thanks to Alex Hales’ 95 off 30, which could well have been a record-equalling 30-ball century had he not been out attempting to achieve the record. It was unlikely to be Durham’s day when they needed three bowlers to complete the second over, as Usman Arshad started with two waist-high full tosses and was ordered out of the attack to give him figures of 0-0-5-0 and, according to the BBC scorecard, an economy of ‘Infinity’. Paul Coughlin took over and went for 14 in five balls before injuring his hand. Thankfully for Durham, Jack Burnham was able to complete the over with a dot ball.

After seeing that score, I then saw that in the Caribbean Premier League, Trinbago Knight Riders chased down St Lucia Stars’ 132-9 inside 10.4 overs thanks to Brendon McCullum’s 58 not out off 27.

Fozzie (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 19:59
And Cameron Steel had figures of 4-0-60-0 for Durham.

06 August, 2017 06:50
Always the way with big money overseas signings the minute they leave own they rediscover their form. Mind you it's probably a lot warmer where the CPL is being played than London has been these past few months so the Kiwi wouldn't have had two jumpers restricting his swing.

Fozzie (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 17:40
A very good day so far for a couple of our former players in the Leics v Durham game. Cameron Steel scored 224, while Neil Dexter (who has played infrequently and without much success for Leicestershire this season) took 5-71.

adelaide (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 18:04
Quote:
Fozzie
And Cameron Steel had figures of 4-0-60-0 for Durham.

Actually 4-0-60-2. Thanks to Jonathan for what amounts to an explanation of why Steel had to bowl four overs.

Adelaide

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 15:06
For anyone unable to see Hameed bat today (so far 11 not out from 103 deliveries), here is a video to give you an idea of what it was like (shortened version- longer one hour videos are available)

[www.youtube.com]

08 September, 2017 13:39
It looks like Somerset are about to defeat Warwickshire-

but I have a cunning plan.

[l7.alamy.com]

08 September, 2017 13:58
Somerset have won, and now have 101 points from 11 completed games.

Warwickshire on 71 points from 11 games are almost certainly doomed.

Fozzie (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 13:59
Somerset have beaten Warks by 169 runs, gaining 21 points which take them to 101. The Bears look doomed.

13 September, 2017 11:22
Yorkies in trouble at the Oval Surrey 450/3 in the 108th over of the innings.

13 September, 2017 15:46
On the subject of the "Yorkies" I'd love to see Old Seth's comments on the current team containing precisely four players born in the Combined Counties but his head's probably exploded.

13 September, 2017 15:56
Four?

That's an average of one per county (East Riding of Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, and West Yorkshire)

A population of 5.4 million, and they have to import foreigners!

Don't know what the world is coming to.

13 September, 2017 16:22
Actually, having looked at the scorecard, I think they have five Yorkies in the side.

Tom Kholer-Cadmore originally from Yorkshire, so, although they nicked him off Worcestershire, he has returned to the county of his birth.

Azeem Rafiq ought to count as a sixth, as he was schooled in Yorkshire, but born in Pakistan, so using Seth's rules, that doesn't count.

[www.espncricinfo.com]

13 September, 2017 16:26
Kohler-Cadmore was born in Chatham, at least according to Wikipedia (cricinfo doesn't list a birth place, presumably to protect Seth's blood pressure), which by Seth's normal 'logic' makes him a foreigner.

13 September, 2017 16:35
HR-

How interesting. You're right.

[en.wikipedia.org]

well, unless Wiki is wrong. Oddly cricinfo doesn't give a place of birth (it normally does) They would certainly like to claim him as their own, because when they signed him they went on about how he was from Hull, and Yorkshire raised (therefore it didn't count as an import in their eyes) So he's not really a Yorkie after all.....

Edit to add- Dug out my 2015 Playfair, and that also says, Chatham, Kent.

I guess he doesn't want that on his cricinfo entry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2017 17:13 by chunkyinargyll.

13 September, 2017 16:55
Somerset are skittling Lancashire at the moment 112-9

Looking like another win for them.

22 September, 2017 12:20
Just pre lunch on the final day of the penultimate round of games Yorkshire require 42 more runs to beat Warks,Warks need 3 wickets.

Meanwhile south of the border down Mexico way Somerset lead Surrey by 41 runs with 4 second innings wickets left.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 12:24
Can't believe I've just cheered a Surrey wicket. Please forgive me.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

22 September, 2017 13:57
Yorkshire won, and are now on 145 points.

But for Arrowgate, so would we.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net