cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Poddy on loan to Derbyshire
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
06 April, 2017 17:12
[www.middlesexccc.com]

More top payers than we know what to do with.

Edit= When thread was started a few months back, Poddy was on loan to Glammy. Thread title now altered to 'Durham' to reflect his latest adventure.

2nd edit- Thread title now altered to 'Derbyshire'

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/08/2017 16:19 by chunkyinargyll.

Re: Poddy on loan to Glammy
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
06 April, 2017 19:05
This move is understandable, as I didn't anticipate Harry Podmore featuring in Middlesex's first two County Championship matches due to Steven Finn, Tim Murtagh, Toby Roland-Jones, Tom Helm and James Fuller seeming to be available. However, I thought he may have been in contention for our Royal London Cup campaign, which begins before April is finished, so maybe he will be recalled for that.

Podmore barely played during his previous loan at Glamorgan, but the fact his career has since progressed means he will hopefully play every match during his loan spell.

06 April, 2017 19:32
Harry going back to the Welsh capital will be good for him and the daffodil county, ok they barely used him in his time there last season but he is a year older,more experienced and a better cricketer this year.

24 April, 2017 18:32
Glamorgan have announced that Harry Podmore’s loan there has ended due to an improvement in the form and fitness of their fast bowlers.

I imagine he will be in contention for Middlesex's Royal London Cup campaign.

25 April, 2017 04:05
He was at Lord's on Sunday for sure, sat in the upper Kremlin for most of the afternoon with an Essex player (probably a mate) watching the game.

Welcome back Podders, see you in action next Sunday probably.

24 May, 2017 18:44
Cricinfo’s day four report of Sussex v Durham says that “Durham are interested in recruiting Harry Podmore on loan, with a view to signing him for the longer term”, so I am not sure if that implies they are interested in signing him permanently. In the short-term, it is beneficial for Middlesex if players who can’t get into our side can go out on loan to play 1st XI cricket elsewhere. However, I am not sure if the club would be willing for Podmore to leave permanently, unless it was doubted whether he could ever hold down a place in our side, or if he felt his future is better-served elsewhere.

Most people expected Durham would do well in division two if their 48-point deduction is ignored, but they have recorded one draw and two defeats, although admittedly those defeats have been against arguably the division's strongest sides in Nottinghamshire and Sussex.

14 August, 2017 17:04
Harry Podmore has moved to Durham on a 2nd XI loan.

An article about this on north-east website Chronicle Live quotes Durham coach Jon Lewis as saying that the intention is initially for Podmore to play in their 2nd XI, and that Middlesex would have to approve if Durham intend to select him for their 1st XI. The article also says that although Podmore has another year left on his Middlesex contract, it is unlikely that we would prevent him from leaving if he wishes to do so.

Similar to how I often feel when I hear of opportunities for our fringe players to move elsewhere, as much as it would be a shame for Middlesex to lose Podmore's services, it would be nicer if he plays regular 1st XI cricket for another county rather than be stuck in our 2nd XI.

I kind of expected Podmore and James Harris to leave this winter. However, if Podmore and Steven Finn both leave, then Harris could decide he wishes to sign a new contract at Middlesex despite 2017 being the second successive season in which he has often been left out. Despite having more fast bowlers than we know what to do with, I don't think we can afford three leaving in one winter.

14 August, 2017 17:08
Sadly I could see this coming.

Only played one T20 for the firsts this year.

Still, Durham is always a good place for a seamer.

14 August, 2017 19:08
Good that he will be getting some cricket even if it is at 2's level. Certainly done the length and bredh of the country by the time 2017 season finishes. Good luck and bowl well Podders,Ealing will miss you though.

15 August, 2017 18:23
Poddy 51 not out at close of play (to go with 40 odd he made yesterday)

No wickets yesterday. Didn't bowl today (cos Durham batting). Sign him as top order batsman!

Re: Poddy on loan to Durham
25 August, 2017 16:18
Pass the parcel.

Poddy now on loan to Derbyshire (will have to alter thread title again.

[twitter.com]

Maybe get first team cricket with them.

Re: Poddy on loan to Durham
25 August, 2017 18:56
Does anyone remember a spoof newspaper column written by someone called Dave "the Pod" Podmore who was supposed to be a journeyman medium pace trundler who did the rounds of all the no hope counties - Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire etc and was always bigging himself up as one of the greats.

Re: Poddy on loan to Derbyshire
25 August, 2017 19:07
Harry's fictitious Uncle Dave would be proud of him.

'Four counties in one season. Even I never managed that son.'

I'm not sure if this is a repeat, but Dave Podmore is available on iplayer for another fortnight-

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: Poddy on loan to Derbyshire
14 September, 2017 21:59
Well done to Harry Podmore on closing day three of Derbyshire’s match v Sussex at Hove on 66 not out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net