cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Tribute to Diamond at Leicester

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Middlesex Matters
selincourt (IP Logged)
13 April, 2017 10:45
I am personally disappointed that the decision has been made to only have this available online. I collected the booklets and am sad to see them discontinued. However, I realise that both members and the club will save money with this change, and one advantage is that information can be updated more easily.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/04/2017 12:10 by selincourt.

Re: Middlesex Matters
Muntjac (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 13:26
I too am disappointed but I completely understand the decision, will save loads of cash.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 15:30
As above,did like collecting the publications but if it saves the club a few £££ then so be it.
Can always print each edition off (I think) and still add to collection that way.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 19:44
When I heard that Middlesex Matters would only be available online, I assumed that readers would still need to pay for the privilege. However, it is now available for free, and the first issue has been published.

Muntjac (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 19:48
Fair play to the club!

Fozzie (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 11:09
It's a good read.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 21:18
Just flicked through the first edition and looks a damn good read with plenty of interesting articles.
Time for some printer ink and get reading!

24 May, 2017 19:56
The second edition of Middlesex Matters is now available, which is great news for manufacturers of printer cartridges.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
25 May, 2017 19:33
Precisely Jonathan. The loss of one of the editor's last season who did the artwork may have triggered this change.

Are we setting it up online ourselves or paying someone to do it?

25 May, 2017 20:18
It seems that Middlesex Matters is being produced in association with All Out Cricket.

25 May, 2017 20:21
^ ie we send All out cricket the articles and basic layout and they put it together for a fee rather than doing it all ourselves and paying printers to produce a hard copy.

Surbiton crusader2 (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 21:00
I am positive last seasons one had more pages at least twice as many

SC2

15 July, 2017 19:31

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 15:14
Apparently we only sold 40 hard copies a month. Hence its gone online. Correction. That information was passed on by a member of the hierarchy.

The current editor tells me that information is incorrect by some distance. He said that between 250 and 400 copies were sold per month during its hard copy days. So apologies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2017 15:49 by Seaxe_Man.

19 July, 2017 04:36
So rather than really try to push a publication by good editing,great articles,well subbed sections on players etc and use it to physically promote the County we put it on line with someone else at the helm.

I bet all our brand new "we have followed Middlesex for years" corporate sponsors are well pleased by this reduction in their advertising chances(which are already next to minimal at Lord's)....... good call ? Find out when we do not retain the CC this season and they start dropping like flies before their 3 year deals are up.

All very well getting the money into a winning side, it's keeping it there and interested when times get tough that is harder and removing a physical source of them feeling good about being part of the club is probably not a good idea.

Only sold 40 copies a month sold ? I find that rather hard to believe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/07/2017 04:38 by The Diamond ruled ok.

Darren Gosling (IP Logged)
22 July, 2017 23:39
I too don't believe we only sold 40 copies a month.
I have got quotes from printers to produce hard copies of the new on-line version:

Middlesex Matters Magazine
40pp 170mm x 240mm
150gsm Gloss
Folded and Stitched

25 £185
50 £265
100 £345
200 £565

Hard to believe we couldn't sell 100 copies at £3.50 to cover our costs.
40 copies really?

Surbiton crusader2 (IP Logged)
23 July, 2017 11:37
Can't MM be printed in-house to save money???

SC2

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 08:56
The 40 copies quote is verbatim. Information came directly from a member of the hierarchy, so assume the information is correct. That was 40 copies per month.

For myself. Prefer to read it in bed rather on a computer. Personal print costs must be high over the season.

As Diamond correctly states. Advertising of sponsors limited by online access only.

I was one of the 40 customers who bought one every month. Many were left around on hospitality tables, committee room and the like, so, could be scrounged foc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/07/2017 09:02 by Seaxe_Man.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 09:11
I can believe 40 sold.

Who would buy one if they were attending a T20 match?

So only real opportunity would be home championship matches, of which there may only be one a month- so I find 40 very believable.

24 July, 2017 19:40
Dear God !

You would buy one because it gave you a full months fixtures with in depth opposition profiles,news of the previous months games throughout the age groups 1st to under 10's and provided us with insight into our club.

40 sold a month which if SM's Beefy's and mine taken into account is a really p1$$ poor effort by the club showing they had no intention of keeping it going (in-house), sub it out,shove it on line only and do away with yet another job at the club which some supporters (seemingly very few though) appreciated.

Can't read a mag in the bath on a PC as it's not safe to do so,a good old fashioned hard copy of MM was just the job for my monthly bathe.

Bring back MM hard copy !!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net