cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Re: Middlesex 2nds this year.
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
14 June, 2017 18:04
After Middlesex 2nd XI lost match 1 by 49 runs, I was doubtful that the 144-7 posted in match 2 would be enough. Therefore, I am relieved that Surrey 2nd XI were all out for 125 to ensure that both teams recorded one win and one defeat. A few of our players got decent performances under their belts across the two matches.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 10:48
Scorecard v Sussex-

[www.totalcricketscorer.com]

19 June, 2017 16:06
We recovered from 233-9 to 356 all out.

Nathan Sowter 122 not out.

I doubt Ravi Patel has ever been involved in a hundred run partnership before!

20 June, 2017 14:56
Not for the first time this season, Cricket scorer has failed, but Sussex 152 all out, followed by 110-9 following on, so we are about to win by an innings, and a day.

20 June, 2017 15:18
Middlesex win, by an innings and 68 runs.

28 June, 2017 18:59
Middlesex and Leicestershire met in two 2nd XI Twenty20 friendly matches at Uxbridge today. The scorecard wasn’t working for the first match, in which Leics won by nine wickets after 14.2 overs after we posted 138-9. However, the scorecard was available for the second match, in which we gained our revenge by bowling Leics out for 88, and we won by nine wickets after 10.2 overs.

Our first competitive 2nd XI Twenty20 matches will be v Somerset at Uxbridge on Friday.

30 June, 2017 17:38
As often is the case when two 2nd XI Twenty20 matches are played, Middlesex won match one and Somerset won match two when the two teams met at Uxbridge today.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 11:36
Saw both days at Uxbridge. Wed. As reported we made 138 v Leics in game one. The Leics opening bowlers looked fairly rapid and the stumps cartwheeled three or four times.

They knocked them off in double quick time in the persons of Delport and Fazackerley

Game two. The above mentioned didnt play and we turned to spin. Patel and Sowter gained turn and this led to stumpings. Restricted to 88 all out, we had little difficulty knocking those off with Sowter opening, and scoring a handy 34.

Friday. This looked a much sterner test. The cidermen had a lot of recent first team players in the side. Myburgh, Allenby, Abell, Trego disguise wearing a Waller shirt.

Game 1. We managed a defendable 168 9 (the last three overs added 28 which proved the difference) with George Scott scoring a handy 75no. Excellent bowling and fielding restricted them to 153 so a win by 15 runs.

The second game the Cidermen batted first. Ravi removed Myburgh first ball but then Allenby and Trego added 145 for the second wicket, Trego 78. The Cidermen then thumped 28 off the last two to make 195.

10 an over was a big ask. Esky and Higgo came in and the first got a 50 and Higgo 46 but it was in vain. So lost by 2 runs.

However facing such a strong eleven, 1-1 was satisfacory and I suspect the Cidermen expected to win both games.

So at the moment Sunbury v Surrey 1-1 Uxbridge Leics and Som both 1-1.

Next up is Kent at Polo Farm on 3rd July, followed by Glamorgan at Richmond on the 10th of July.

We finish off with Hants at the Ageus Thurs 27th and Essex at Coggeshall on 4th of August.

03 July, 2017 18:09
It wasn’t the best of days for Middlesex 2nd XI, as Kent 2nd easily won match 1 and match 2 of today's two matches at Polo Farm in Canterbury.

It is sad to see an international of Adam Milne’s calibre forgotten about in Kent’s 2nd XI.

10 July, 2017 21:00
Middlesex won both Second Eleven Twenty20 matches v Glamorgan at Richmond today, although the scorecards are not available, meaning I have to piece together what was posted on Twitter.

In game one, we chased 146-6 and won by nine wickets, with Nick Gubbins scoring 70 of the first 123 and Stevie Eskinazi scoring 40 not out.

In game two, we posted 209-6 thanks to James Franklin’s 68, George Scott’s 48 and Gubbins’ 45, and we restricted Glamorgan to 178-5 to win by 31 runs, with Ravi Patel the pick of the bowlers with 4-0-19-1.

Paul Stirling, Ollie Rayner and James Harris all played at least one match.

10 July, 2017 21:07
It's very disappointing that half the time we don't get the full scorecards.

I like to keep a good old fashioned pen and paper note of everyone's performances, but this year I reckon cricket scorer has failed in about 6 matches. It gives me a good clue as to who might break through in to the firsts. George Scott getting a chance in the T20 wasn't a total surprise to me, as I like to try to follow the seconds performances.

They don't subsequently get added to the second XI results page either.

Surbiton crusader2 (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 22:38
TCS is shite! The last three Sunbury first team matches away to Ashtead, home to Valley End and away to Old Wimbledonians in the conference cup (yesterday) TCS failed to function

SC2

Rogers and Out (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 06:49
I was at Richmond yesterday along with Fulham Des and Seaxe Man. We fielded strong sides in both games which were a bit too powerful for a Glamorgan outfit who included several players without squad numbers.

In the first game, we fielded Nathan Sowter and George Scott from Friday's match at Cheltenham and we saw the return to action of James Franklin and Nick Gubbins.

Although Glamorgan started well, we regularly took wickets with Franklin pitching in with a couple from his four overs. 146 did not look a sufficient total and so it proved, with Nick Gubbins and Max Holden keeping us well above the asking rate as did Stevie Eskinazi later on.

I missed the start of our innings in the second match and therefore didn't see any of The Tank's 68 quickfire runs nor Stirlo's 16. Gubbo was again hitting the ball to all parts of the ground, especially into the hedge in front of the pavilion. George Scott was doing likewise and some lusty last over blows from Tom Lace, who was replacing Robbie White as 'keeper in this game, saw us register a formidable score of 209.

Our friends from the far end of the M4 never looked like reaching that total and Ravi Patel's opening over, when he leaked just two runs, set the scene for a comfortable win.

Stephen Finn was at the ground and warming up with sprints and laps around the pitch during the first game but did not play. From my uneducated eye, he seemed to be showing no signs of his recent knee injury, but did look quite cream crackered after his exertions !

These two wins look like they have put us up to third in the table from third bottom (there are ten teams in our South group). Sussex look well set to take one of the the two qualifying berths, but if we can win four out of four against Hampshire at the Ageas and Essex at Coggeshall, we may be able to reach finals day at Arundel once more.

11 July, 2017 14:27
Cricket scorer is having a day where it is working.

Enjoy it while you can-

[www.totalcricketscorer.com]

12 July, 2017 18:09
The Second Eleven Championship match seems to be low-scoring, as Glamorgan were all out for 213, with Ethan Bamber and Ollie Rayner taking three wickets each, while Middlesex replied with 195. Glamorgan end day two on 7-1, so we are very much in the match.

Primrose Hillbilly (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 06:59
Low scores for those luminaries Robson, Gubbins and Rayner.

Two of those three have not dazzled in the First eleven this year, and this appears likely to continue.

17 July, 2017 18:06
Middlesex today began a Second Eleven Championship match v MCC Universities XI at Radlett. The Universities declared on 370-9 with Harry Podmore and Ravi Patel taking three wickets apiece, while we closed day one on 34-2.

Our line-up mainly includes players who are not currently involved in our 1st XI’s County Championship and Twenty20 side, although captain Stevie Eskinazi and George Scott are playing.

Despite the match being at Radlett, I think that we are considered as the away side.

18 July, 2017 17:21
Unbroken 308 partnership (still a little time to go tonight) between George Scott 169, and Robbie White 122.

Currently 531-4

Earlier in the innings Tom Lace made 106.

19 July, 2017 03:41
Rather puts MCC's 370 into context this score , well done lads, push on on Wednesday,skittle them after lunch and back to your respective clubs for some weekend cricket.

19 July, 2017 10:50
612-4 dec

G Scott 212^

R White 160*

T Lace 106

S Eskinazi 97

Unbroken partnership of 389 for George Scott and R white's lemonade.

MCC Universities need 243 to avoid an innings defeat.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net