cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Re: Middlesex 2nds this year.
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 17:41
Sussex 2nd XI closed day one on 129-8, with near-namesakes Ethan Bamber and Tom Barber sharing seven wickets, and Robbie White taking five catches.

06 September, 2017 17:48
Despite Sussex 2nd XI being bowled out for 188, Middlesex 2nd XI finished with a first innings deficit after being all out for 177. Sussex closed day two on 193-4.

07 September, 2017 22:37
Ravi Patel took 3-48, Tom Lace scored 58 and Max Holden scored 76, although it couldn’t prevent Sussex 2nd XI winning by 24 runs.

11 September, 2017 17:20
Middlesex today started a Second Eleven Friendly v Essex at Radlett. We were all out for 177, with Martin Andersson top scoring with 62. In reply, Essex close day one on 149-1.

12 September, 2017 18:56
Middlesex 2nd XI have made a good recovery. Essex 2nd XI were all out for 280 thanks to Ethan Bamber’s 4-58, Martin Andersson’s 3-50 and Ravi Patel’s 3-73. We close day two on 272-5 thanks to Tom Lace’s 81, Nick Gubbins’ 54, George Scott’s 50 and Andersson’s 43, so are 169 ahead.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 14:25
Now, I realise the rain at Radlett might not have been as severe as Uxbridge, but there again, maybe it was.

Either way, the 2's are back on again, after a rain delay of a couple of hours.

13 September, 2017 17:35
Middlesex 2nd XI were all out for 334 to set a target of 232. However, Essex 2nd XI ended up winning by five wickets.

18 September, 2017 12:41
Final 2nd XI game of the year-

[www.totalcricketscorer.com]

18 September, 2017 18:05
Warwickshire 2nd XI close day one on 372-4.

Both teams have a fair amount of 1st XI experience, although the weakest aspect of Middlesex 2nd XI’s line-up is the fast bowling attack, which may explain why it was a good day for the Bears.

19 September, 2017 17:24
Warwickshire 2nd XI took their total to 505, with the pick of the Middlesex 2nd XI bowlers being Ryan Higgins with 4-67 and Ravi Patel with 3-89. In reply, we closed day two on 174-6, with our top scorer being Martin Andersson with 66.

Edgedtothekeeper (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 12:58
At least the second eleven play at a decent home ground, but it's not in Middlesex...

20 September, 2017 16:02
And our second XI season ends with a 10 wicket loss to Warwickshire.

A bit disappointing with nine pros playing for us.

21 September, 2017 19:10
Now the seconds season is over, I'll give a rough guide to how the players got on.

I say 'rough guide' because there was at least two (maybe three or four) matches when Cricket scorer didn't work, or only worked for part of a match.

Also, I can't be bothered to keep four separate lists for friendlies, championship, 50 over, and 20 overs matches, so it's the whole lot bundled together (which partly explains some low batting averages, as some will have been T20, and need to sacrifice your wicket getting on with it) Anyone unlucky enough to have produced a good performance when cricket scorer failed will, unfortunately have that performance omitted.

So, I don't claim these figures are 100% accurate, but I have noted performances for each match as best I could, so the following gives a rough guide.

Batting-

George Scott approx 1300 runs at 52 (the stand out 2nd XI performer 3 hundreds top score 212*)
Nathan Sowter approx 380 runs at 25 (including one century- so has batting potential)
Tom Lace approx 900 runs at 30
Savin Perera approx 450 runs at 22 (I think he is one of the youngest in academy, so still time to improve)
Harry Podmore approx 330 runs at 25 (includes two 50's)
Robbie white approx 1000 runs at 48(3 hundreds)
Martin Andersson approx 900 runs at 43 (one hundred)

Bowling-

Tom Barber 37 wickets at 30
George Scott 9 wickets at 49 (so not an all rounder!)
Harry Podmore 28 wickets at 29
Arthur Godsal 12 wickets at 39
Thilan Wallawitta 30 wickets at 34
Martin Andersson 12 wickets at 33
Ethan Bamber 21 wickets at 30
Ravi Patel 43 wickets at 22
Nathan Sowter 19 wickets at 38
James Harris 22 wickets at 18

It's probable all the above took slightly more wickets than I recorded due to the deficiencies of cricket scorer, but gives a reasonable guide of how people got on.

I haven't bothered mentioning all the characters who played only a few games, but have their figures if anyone wants to know.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net