cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

A sorry Surrey Tale
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 12:35
Some of you know Phil Catchpole a Hampshire fan, but primarily a fair minded supporter of County Cricket. He was our Surrey Outcast match reporter. This written to me live from Radlett watching our 2's explaining his difficulties renewing his membership at Surrey. If anyone has any comments,but more importantly advice on any contacts there ( a Fletch equivalent) who can help resolve this matter.

Prior to last Christmas I got a letter from Surrey CCC regarding renewing membership 2017. This was sent to me where I live. Had a 2nd letter in February at the same address about Oval test match tickets. Start of the season and still living at the same address i was still without the membership card. Popped over to The Kia Oval and asked the Surrey chap on reception about my membership. He said we don't have your home address. Gave him the detais (which they have) and was told it would be with me in 6 days. No membership card arrived. Went to the ground and this time saw a lady on reception who said it takes 10 days. A week later I went to the Oval for Warwickshire day 2. Saw the same lady who told me where I live which was why I went and she said I should have had it. Went back next week saw same lady who was of no help. Finally went back during Lancashire game was told its on its way. (KENT 2NDS 12/3) Once again saw the same lady who checked where i live and shrugged her shoulders. Told her this was unacceptable and decided to go to a pub rather than watch Alec's army. Was told to bring last years membership card as proof of my allegiance to the Oval cause. Tore up free admission ticket and found rather pleasant pub in area. At least if I forget where I live I can ring the Oval. Just can't get into matches. Shambolic Sorry CCC. GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK. You know where i live

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Re: A sorry Surrey Tale
RadstockRob (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 02:11
You couldn't make it up could you.

As a Somerset supporter it gave me great pleasure to read.

They must be the most arrogant cicket supporters in the whole world!

All the best for you this season and may you come 2nd this year!

It must surely be Somerset's turn by now even though we've got off to bad start.

adelaide (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 09:35
I very much doubt that it brings Phil pleasure and it doesn't bring me any to see a cricket supporter of any ilk being messed about either - and it's the club that has got it wrong so the arrogance or otherwise of their supporters is neither here nor there. didnpt like what Kartik did, nor the Batty/Trego thing but isn't it time to put this Surrey v Somerset thing to bed?

Adelaide

Fozzie (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 15:08
Very sorry to see Phil mucked around in this manner.

I have a friend who is a life member of both Middlesex and Surrey. He has always compared our admin team very favourably compared with Surrey's (rather bigger) outfit.

20 April, 2017 04:38
Might be an idea for Phil to contact his bank and the Met Police too. If the incompetents at the Oval have taken his money by card he is covered for the return of the money from he card company if need be.

To take someones address the number of times they have and say they can't find it(even though they have mailed him stuff) is equally incredibly and their responses of shaking of heads and shrugging of shoulders not good enough. Maybe a visit from the lads at Kennington nick would buck their ideas up because a the end of it all a theft has occurred.

Good luck getting it sorted out Phil.

Did all your other memberships arrive in good time for the season?

fivestar (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 12:49
Really?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net