cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Champions of England we know what we are

Is Theresa May a Mexican?
rod/ed (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 20:04
What was she thinking? June 8th is the day before the County Champions play Lancashire at Southport.
Firstly, I, and I suspect many others, will have to be up at the crack of dawn to catch a train thus preventing staying up to see the results and swingometer.
Secondly, news of the Middle's heroic deeds will be pushed off the front pages.

Then again the scheduled full term election was due in 2020 and that would clash with the Franchise Fanfare so perhaps the ECB had a hand in the decision.

Re: Is Theresa May a Mexican?
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 20:25
I am relieved that unlike what was the case with the EU Referendum, I will not be attending a Middlesex match on the evening of the General Election. For that referendum, I had to use vote by post, although the process wasn’t particularly hard, so it wouldn't have been something to fear had I needed to vote this way on 8th June.

Hopefully there won’t be many travel problems the follow morning, as my past experience of elections and referendums tells me that the local news will not be included on the following morning's BBC Breakfast, which is inconvenient for those who haven’t got time in the morning to switch the computer on to find the travel news.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 21:22
My concern if this all goes ahead, we will need a visa to attend the Oval.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

18 April, 2017 21:27
Visa ? No . Rabies shots ? I never go sarf of the river without them smiling smiley

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 21:38
Don't worry, Rod.

You can watch the results at your leisure on BBciplayer a few days later.

I think of General elections the same way as The Eurovision Song contest- as in I'm not interested in the songs, but I like watching the results coming in. Loads of local reporters all enjoying their 30 seconds of national tv fame at 3 in the morning.

Fozzie (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 16:10
Or you can watch a rerun of election night 25 years later on BBC Parliament, as I did recently in respect of 1992. Nothing nerdy about me....

adelaide (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 16:30
If she's a Mexican does that mean she's going to build a wall to keep herself out?

Adelaide

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 20:27
Quote:
adelaide
If she's a Mexican does that mean she's going to build a wall to keep herself out?

Adelaide

[cdn.playbuzz.com]

Shots1992 (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 00:06
I doubt it that our Prime Minister is Surrey like Sir John Major. When I met her she noticed my Middlesex CCC tie and spoke about her love of Lord's. MP for Maidenhead may support Berkshire possibly. Excellent sense of humour and shoes. Maggie May.

Fozzie (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 12:01
I thought she had grown up in Sussex and as a girl had a picture of Geoffrey Boycott on her bedroom wall. Which may explain a lot.

adelaide (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 13:32
Given that she claimed to oppose Brexit pre-referendum. I think it is quite conceivable that she has claimed to support each of the first class counties at some stage. In that she would be following Cameron's lead when he couldn't remember which team in claret and blue he was supposed to support.

20 April, 2017 18:49
As County Champions I expect Mrs May to declare her undying love of the mighty Middle at some stage during the election in much the same way a good few of our new sponsors declared theirs when being unveiled during the winter.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 08:55
So long as she is not a member of the Brussels OKW I can live with her on the other side of the Rio Grande.

adelaide (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 10:51
SM - OKW? I can't keep up with you young people and your TLAs.

Adelaide

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net