cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Southeeeeeeeeeee
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 16:00
[www.middlesexccc.com]

Good signing for T20

I think most of us thought it would be a kiwi.

Shows we mean business.

Re: Southeeeeeeeeeee
rod/ed (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 16:21
What do Podmore,Helm,Fuller & Harris think of this signing?
I suspect Kent and Glamorgan are quite pleased.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 16:25
Hopefully it won't hold them back.

Murts hardly ever plays T20- and TRJ not that much either- so they should get some starts.

adelaide (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 17:25
Southee can hit the ball a long way too IIRC.

Does sound a but like "Surrey" though...

Adelaide

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 18:46
I am confident that Tim Southee is capable of making some very good contributions to Middlesex’s Twenty20 campaign. Not only is he an excellent bowler, but he can clear the boundary and has been pushed up the order on a few occasions for this purpose. We are likely to have batting capability right down the order, although we will have to see whether we can arrest our tendency to slow down once we are two or three wickets down.

I had the impression that we were keen to have Mitchell McClenaghan back (until reading otherwise on Cricinfo last week), but I imagine Daniel Vettori decided otherwise. I think Vettori is likely to be responsible for many decisions regarding our Twenty20 campaign. At the AGM, it was said that the reason why Brendon McCullum will captain us when he is available, with Dawid Malan being relegated to vice-captain, is because Vettori feels that we could get off to a better start with McCullum as captain due to him entering the tournament having not played any other format, which will not be the case with Malan. This will also enable Vettori to perform more work with McCullum prior to the tournament than he could have performed with Malan. This makes lot of sense. The Vettori connection means it isn’t the greatest of shocks that we have signed a New Zealander!

We will have to see whether Southee will improve our on-field performances or put bums on seats, but another purpose of signing him is that it means we don’t have to select the same fast bowlers all the time, which is very helpful for keeping those bowlers fit.

Shots1992 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 23:13
Very good always rated him. Clever sharp. Our All black trio excellent cricketers without doubt.got to fancy us to win it or b and h cup.com

Shots1992 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 23:15
Fuller will play one day matches. Fast whacks it.

rod/ed (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 07:43
Shots: Ravi & Sowter are less likley to get a game. Spin to win!

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 11:21
In T20 you are allowed 2 overseas players. McCullum is playing most but not all games. He is currently playing well in the IPL.

Tim Southee, number of games unknown I suspect. Champions Trophy. Black Caps will certainly select him.

Capable of applying some lower order biff and a good fielder.

14 games, so some rotation likely. Injuries one can never legislate for.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net