cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Middlesex Room
Sussex Seaxe (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 13:57
Quote:
dingy bags
Well I don't recall a vote of the Middx membership about the Middx Rooom. I don't even recall being asked an opinion.
But MMC members get a say on the future of the Middx Room.

Well, it is their ground. That's MCC, not Middlesbrough Mime Collective

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 09:39
Quote:
Sussex Seaxe
Quote:
dingy bags
Well I don't recall a vote of the Middx membership about the Middx Rooom. I don't even recall being asked an opinion.
But MMC members get a say on the future of the Middx Room.

Well, it is their ground. That's MCC, not Middlesbrough Mime Collective

True. But we are repeated told that the new agreement means we are now partners. One would say in that case, we should be consulted.

Were they still around, Sir Gubby Allen and Ron Gerard the architects of the Middlesex Room, I imagine we would have been.

Our playing presence at the MCC ground, puts plenty of squids in their back pocket. A much higher % than ours.

Lifer (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 16:14
Most MCC members are annoyed about the way the committee tried to do it and the breaking of the undertaking that the use as offices should be temporary for 2 years. It should be back in use now.
If pitch facing offices are needed they should build them elsewhere or use one of the Tavern boxes.
Its not 1958 - many of us are members of both clubs but MCC are the landlords so I suppose they did not need to consult Middlesex. In any case they did not even consult their own members.

All is not lost

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 12:04
Quote:
Lifer
Most MCC members are annoyed about the way the committee tried to do it and the breaking of the undertaking that the use as offices should be temporary for 2 years. It should be back in use now.
If pitch facing offices are needed they should build them elsewhere or use one of the Tavern boxes.
Its not 1958 - many of us are members of both clubs but MCC are the landlords so I suppose they did not need to consult Middlesex. In any case they did not even consult their own members.

All is not lost

Ah. But under the new agreement they remain oyr landlords but we are now partners and not tenants.

As partners therefore, we are entitled to have input into what is a Middlesex facility.

Our presence at the ground is reduced, no shop, neither shop has any of our new range, no Middlesex Room and now pop ups shop at outgrounds are gone.

All of this was enshrined in the new agreement. The financial side has been kept but elsewhere that is not the case.

Hope your last comment is correct but have my doubts.

lower pavilion (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 12:01
Just a different angle on this.

I was a regular visitor to the Middlesex Room. I have been told by a number of Middlesex members how important it is to have a Middlesex Room, but when asked how often they entered the said room , many of them admitted to me, not a lot if at all.

This also reminds me when I am told by so many people how important it is to have and keep the four day game, but when I ask so many of the said people how often they attend four day games many confessed to me, rarely if ever. There was of course one exception to this, our final four day game against Yorkshire last season at Lord's, now I wonder why that was, it will come to me in a moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2017 12:05 by lower pavilion.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 14:49
Does the MR qualify for a National Lottery handout???? Looks as though it will be needed.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
23 May, 2017 11:26
The lack of pop -up shops at outgrounds has been solved. MKK who ran them went bust.

We no longer have a shop per se, so there is a liklihood, at the moment, a certainty, that club gear is no longer available at these venues. We shall see.

Some good news. The new Middlesex range is now available in both the Members and Lords Shops apart from online.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2017 10:57 by Seaxe_Man.

23 May, 2017 16:59
I am surprised that anybody posting here believes it is not 1958. Carrying out observations of the attire and demeanour of those entering the Lords pavilion it quite clearly IS 1958.

Sussex Seaxe (IP Logged)
25 May, 2017 10:34
Be surprised no more. The rules are that you wear a jacket and tie to enter the pavilion; I am a member of both clubs and would prefer a more relaxed dress code, but they are the rules until they are changed.

If that's the way you assess what is 1958, it also applies to parliament, courts, (most) weddings, solicitors, funeral directors.....I could go on

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
25 May, 2017 10:55
SS. Quite right. The political class are still fighting WW1 and live in the 1930's.

They would though have had the pleasure of watching Patsy Hendren in their dreams.

Sussex Seaxe (IP Logged)
25 May, 2017 11:03
You may have a point there, S-M! About some of them, at least....

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
05 June, 2017 11:47
Early season optimism that the Middlesex Room would be re-opened has now gone quiet.

Latest news on the Warner Stand. It will only be open for use when the pitches on the top side of the square are in use for county matches.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
05 June, 2017 12:29
I was informed the Warner Stand will be open fully after the South Africa test.
Restaurant at top level open already to diners only...£54 for 3 course meal,£46 2 course.Afternoon tea for two £20.
The bar in middle level,I heard had no views of playing area,but there are outside standing areas to use for watching the game.
Hopefully,some of the bare walls could have Middlesex players on there....past and present.

As for Middlesex Room................

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
05 June, 2017 13:17
The information I posted Beefy was relayed by Jules in the Office yesterday

Warner Stand only available for viewing for county matches when topside. This of course would' nt apply if you are using the restaurant and have ordered the 54 quid 3 course lunch methinks.

Likely also that access will be only for the lower deck as well.

On walking around the ground on Saturday I noticed that the entrance to the Warner was blocked.

On the blocking board, it stated MCC and Rover tickets only. I assume that applied to the South Africa game.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
05 June, 2017 13:23
Seaxe-Man

This has bugged me for years, but the apostrophe replaces the missing letter.

would'nt Wouldn't
can'nt can't
wo'ntwon't
does'nt doesn't

See me.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
05 June, 2017 14:13
I still can't see the original Middlesex Room returning.
I know there has been comment etc regarding it coming back to us,but I can't see MCC paying out to have it converted to offices then pay again to be returned to original condition.
I don't know if the stories/rumours about the top of Allen Stand being converted are True,suppose it's one of those 'watch this space' comments.

Muntjac (IP Logged)
05 June, 2017 16:14
I now have every confidence the Middlesex Room will return as it was. Just taking longer than expected.

adelaide (IP Logged)
05 June, 2017 17:16
Chunky

It is an underscore in SM's moniker, not a hyphen!

My pet hate is "should of" for "should have" and so on.

Adel_aide

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2017 17:53 by adelaide.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
05 June, 2017 17:25
mine is 'a pair of twins'

You know they mean two people, not four.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net