cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Hants T20 away 14th July
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 07:10
15 man squad named-

[www.middlesexccc.com]

Looks like same again, plus Stevie Eskinazi.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 18/07/2017 23:30 by BarmierKev.

Re: Hants T20 away 14th July
tallliman (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 09:06
Toby is stil herel at trent bridge so I guess he won't be added.

tallliman (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 09:48
Having had a chat with Toby, "they've not decided whether he can leave here yet"

tallliman (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 12:17
Sorry for multiple posts, Toby is on his way to Southampton.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 17:34
Hampshire won the tos and decided to bat

Despite hitting the winning runs v Surrey last night, Steven Finn is replaced by Toby Roland-Jones in Middlesex’s only change. It is nice that TRJ has been allowed to play rather than carry the drinks for England.

In most years, Hampshire are a strong Twenty20 side, and the fact they have comfortably won both matches so far this season suggests that 2017 is no exception.

14 July, 2017 19:29
Considering Hampshire spent most their innings seeming likely to pass 200, it feels a relief that they finished on 189-8. However, it would still be a great achievement if Middlesex win.

Sussex Seaxe (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 19:54
A good game to win from here - 31-3

14 July, 2017 19:59
Franklin my dear, I don't give a damn.

His run out makes it even less likely.

14 July, 2017 20:11
Middlesex are now 57-5, so we need the complete opposite of our traditional slow-down after the fall of our main batsmen.

14 July, 2017 20:22
This thrashing isn't going to do our run rate any good.

14 July, 2017 20:24
Put in the Hampster Ball and rolled once again.

"Big 4" at the top .... my ass !

adelaide (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 20:56
Southee reduced the damage to our NRR.

Always look on the bright side of life.

Adelaide

14 July, 2017 20:57
It was a consolation that John Simpson and Tim Southee put on 86 for the eighth wicket to help Middlesex’s net run rate.

Still, it sounds like we were the wrong end of a thoroughly dominant performance by Hampshire, as there was a catch on virtually every occasion the local commentator said that there was half a chance of a catch, albeit only until the seventh wicket fell.

Tonight, Southee proved that he can bat. However, the result isn’t going to end doubts about what Daniel Vettori and Brendon McCullum have brought to the club. Personally, I am happy to be patient with Vettori, as he has been signed for three years and has had success with other teams, and it is not like we would have fared any better had our Twenty20 strategy been identical to many previous seasons.

[edited to correct factual error in second paragraph]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/07/2017 22:11 by Jonathan Winsky.

Fozzie (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 21:05
Ok, so now we know what Southee can do with the bat, and a thrashing looks rather more respectable on paper.

I'm trying to figure why Ryan Higgins isn't doing any bowling, considering that he's been doing really well in the Championship and in last year's corresponding T20 fixture took 5-16.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 14:38
Full credit to Simmo and Southee reducing the deficit in a lost cause. They could have thrown the towel in but did'nt, which has happened in the past. May still be important.

They had a bonus in not facing Mason Crane who had finished his 4 overs by then.

On paper and grass The Hogs were the better side. They are reliant I suspect on their own Fab Four at the top. Vince Rossouw, Carberry and Bailey. You have to get past those guys and we could'nt.

They treated our pace with disdain. Driving it at will. Good batting track which required that you bowled well. Crane the best bowler on either side.

Onto Uxbridge and Richmond to face Somerset and Kent. A couple of wins would be nice in a tough group again this year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net