cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Does anyone know...
hdo (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 14:50
...when we last played Leicestershire in each form of cricket? And is there a website or database where one can easily find out such things without trawling through pages and pages of information?

Re: Does anyone know...
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 15:10
2011 for the championship- and I'm fairly sure September of that year, because the Iceman hit 6, 4, 6 to win the game, and get us promotion.

I hope I've remembered that right. i'm sure I will be corrected if not.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 15:14
here you are-

[www.espncricinfo.com]

Type in cricinfo archives into your search engine, and follow links to get to season you want.

Not quite as user friendly as cricket archive (now behind a paywall was) but I've just proved to myself it is doable.

hdo (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 16:33
Many thanks for that. I haven't been using Cricinfo for the last few weeks since I hate what they've done to their homepage and scorecards, but I have to admit I didn't know it was so easy to access the archives.

Unfortunately due to work I'm far from a regular attendee at county games, but Leicestershire remain the only county I've never watched live. I just hope that isn't rectifiable next season...

adelaide (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 16:45
I'd be happy to play Leicestershire next year ... in the knockout stages of a one day competition.

Adelaide

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 19:38
Middlesex and Leicestershire were in the same Clydesdale/Yorkshire Bank 40 groups in 2012 (when they met at Grace Road and Uxbridge) and 2013 (when they met at Grace Road and Lord’s), with Middlesex winning three matches and the other being rained-off.

I am also unhappy with the redesign of Cricinfo, as some statistics seem to be harder or impossible to generate, such as the score at the end of each over, the amount of runs each batsman has scored against each bowler, and the table as of a given date.

hdo (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 20:04
Thanks for those links Jonathan - much appreciated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net