cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Feeling Fuller Up after Players Awards Lunch
Middlesex till we die (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 11:54
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/10/2017 13:22 by BarmierKev.

Re: Feeling Fuller Up after Players Awards Lunch
BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 15:30
When I saw the heading of this thread,I thought it was going to be telling us about all the awards given out,but,how wrong was I!
A very entertaining view of the afternoon/evening and the fashion show.
Pictures are good,Daisy missing,or taking the table pic? 😊
Thanks for putting a smile onto a Sunday afternoon after gardening!

adelaide (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 15:42
I was worried we might be in Carry On territory...

Leprechaun (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 14:05
Ged has summed up the day really well. Just a couple of personal highlights.
David Fulton interviewing Steve Finn just minutes after the news broke that he had been added to the Ashes Squad:
Fulton: Are you going to Australia regardless of what happen with Ben Stokes?
Finny: Well I am just going to turn up at Heathrow Airport and see if they let me on the plane.

Phil Tufnell – an inspired choice for the post lunch panel.
• Describing his last set of contract talks when he got really miffed, wanted to storm out the office and slam the door only to find it was one of those soft close jobs;
• Describing an Ashes Test when he came it at No 11 with two and a half days to bat, over 400 to win and Merv Hughes in full flight. Tuffers walking to the umpire and begging him out when he got a faint snick to the wicket keeper of his second ball.
You had to be there to get the full effect of his stories, but I am sure you can imagine how he can tell a tale!

And one other thing. We do get very wrapped up in the fortunes of the first team but it is at events like this that we see how much Middlesex do for cricket in the county - including areas like Tower Hamlets where cricket is a catalyst for so much more then just winning or losing. It gives a good sense of perspective!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net