cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Champs or Chumps poll
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
19 October, 2017 22:19

Given a choice what would you rather us be?

Champions followed by relegation
Not champions last season but still in 1st division next season
Can’t differentiate between the two
Where’s my bow and arrow?

You must be logged in to vote.

25 Votes

Show results

I’ve been thinking about this for a while. The elation of winning the championship will always live in my memory. The relegation has been difficult to take but have kind of got over it. Moving on I’m going for option 1. We know what we were.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/10/2017 13:21 by BarmierKev.

Re: Champs or Chumps poll
Bagpuss (IP Logged)
19 October, 2017 22:39
I won't add a rogue Somerset vote to your poll but as I said to a disappointed Middlesex supporter on the last day of our season at Taunton I'd swap our respective counties fortunes over the previous 53 weeks in a heartbeat.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 09:07
Have voted with first one.
Everything goes into the cricket archives as being county champions 2016,and is engraved on the trophy for eternity and for all to see,we will have our name added again,that I'm sure about.
Relegation? yep,said the 'R' word!,will also go into the cricket history books,shows how you can be top of the tree one year,and not the next.

The bitter pill has gone through my system now,And I'm now looking forward to the fixture list for 2018 and start planning a few visits to clubs not been to for a few years.Then,we can hopefully get our name engraved on the Div 2 trophy at end of season again and bouncebackability has been done.

adelaide (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 09:51
Got to be the first one. Relegation can be reversed. Being Champions cannot.

Adelaide

middleman (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 09:59
No question about it. It has to be the first one. Experiencing the pure joy of that moment when we won the championship is a rare event and will live forever in the memory and Middlesex folklore.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 18:11
I don’t feel particularly sad about Middlesex’s relegation, as I feel confident that we can bounce straight back and, in doing so, give our supporters lots of great moments, days and results to celebrate next season. If I didn’t feel confident about our chances of bouncing straight back, then I would instead be rueful of our loss of division one status and thus fearful of a long spell in division two.

However, I am unwilling to be complacent about our chances of bouncing back. If we end up not getting promoted next season, our relegation would feel more painful for me in 12 month’s time than it presently feels.

I have voted for option one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net