cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

Postscript to the Summer Forum
Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 11:35
At the Summer Forum in June: it was stated that plans for a revamped Middlesex Room were in hand and had basic approval.

However, until it had passed certain MCC Committees for the actual approval, we could not be told what was entailed and the fine detail.

The grapevine now says that the approval has been denied and the plans scrapped.

This at the behest of objections from MCC members, numbers unknown.

That an important Middlesex facility, nay the most important, can be so easily blocked. Does not put the 'partnership' in a very good light.

Re: Postscript to the Summer Forum
Fozzie (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 12:31
This is very dispiriting. Let's hope that in this case the grapevine has got it wrong, though I can't say I'm very optimistic.

30 October, 2017 05:07
I'm pretty sure that an attitude of they have gone without a room for a few seasons why give them one back will be in evidence from the MCC side of the partnership. Even though built through MCCC charitable donations they would still view the "Q" stands area as theirs to do wih what they wish. Used to be bad enough that we couldn't frequent the Middlesex room on certain match days but to have no room at all would be embarrasing to say the least.

How much of a "fight" to get the facility back is being made by our various management and or sub comittees I do not know but if moves are afoot they sure as hell are dragging them out.The Warner is open (and a fine facility it is too), the nursary ground sale stalled and the rest of the ground development/reboot also so why not just give us back that pokey little room we liked to call home ?

It wasn't much but it was all we were ever going to get and before we start life in div 2 it would be nice to call our Lord's visits "home" games.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 06:36
If this is the case,and our homely room has gone for good,I suggest we all start to find out exactly what has been going on.
They have wanted this for some time,and to say the offices that have invaded our space will be moving again,is,in my eyes total rubbish.
Why gut a building,completely rebuild it at considerable cost,the reverse the actions?
Nah,we look to have lost OUR ROOM.
Just another piece of Middlesex history ripped up and thrown away by the Spaniards.
It's ok saying 'use the presidents'...whippy do,it has nothing to say we are there.
It's ok to say 'we can use the top tier of Allen Stand'....Nice,if you can get up all those stairs and again,nothing about Middlesex being there.
All we ask is for OUR ROOM BACK.

So folks,email the club and ask them,we need to find out answers about our own room.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/10/2017 06:37 by BeefyRoberts.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 12:59
We are pretty much back where we were in 1961 when I made my home debut. ie apart from the players, there was no sign that MX played there.

Those were the very words the late Ron Gerard said to me back in 1988. The following year the MX Room was opened thanks to that man's generosity.

The least they (MCC) could do is return the money that he spent to provide the facility which they also used..

Since the much heralded new agreement, the Shop and MX Room have both gone. With the knock on effect shopwise, that there is no shop presence at outgrounds either.

In the meantime the new Christmas game is, not hunt the thimble, but hunt the MX Room.

Partnership LOL.

Sussex Seaxe (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 12:15
I am an MCC member too and can confirm that the MCC equivalent of this site is full of postings from numerous members saying that it is a disgrace that the Middlesex Room has not been reinstated as promised. Many of these posters are Middlesex members, but not all.

The general feeling is that the MCC has acted dishonourably and reneged on a promise. Reinstatement should start NOW and several people have written to the new MCC Chief Exec saying just that.

We shall see, but please don't make the mistake of thinking that MCC members want the situation to remain as it is; many couldn't care one way or another, while many want the Middlesex Room reinstated. I can't imagine any actively wanting it to remain as offices. The fear is that the committee put a proposal to the vote, in which case the vast majority would, as usual, vote for whatever the committee suggest. We must not let that happen.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 13:18
Sussex Seaxe,
Thanks very much for your posting and enlightening us on how the feelings go with The Middlesex Room.
Let's hope the weight of letters/email to the new chief exec helps and the chief exec looks into this.
The offices....if my memory serves me,wasn't the initial plan to reinstate them to the Warner Stand once it's complete?
Looking at the new structure,I can't see where they could go.And,didn't the head security and match day officials relocate to the 'temporary' offices as their location in the old Warner Stand not up to present day measures?..i could,of course,be wrong!
Still,we sit and hope that the amount of displeasure with the Middlesex Room fiasco could help our cause.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 12:49
Sussex Seaxe: many thanks for the inside information that you have provided.

A couple of points. As this was an agenda item at the June Forum mentioned in detail by CEO Richard Goatley, I am surprised that no mention has been made by the MX hierarchy on this subject.

An email is called for methinks, though whether that will produce a reply remains to be seen.

An important issue for MX members, not least as our memoriblia which adorned the walls, no longer have a home.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 12:52
Hopefully the new bloke Guy Lavender can assist in putting this injustice right.

The last bloke was of no assistance IMHO.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 15:28
Have sent email to Lord's,just to see what sort of replies I get concerning Middlesex Room.
Need to hear from horses mouth...hopefully

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net