cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Winning catch. More of the same at Taunton, please!

From Champs to Chumps
Middlesex till we die (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 18:06
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: From Champs to Chumps
dingy bags (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 19:11
Kev, you put things in perspective very well. Not the arrow, not the weather before and during Uxbridge, not the rakes at Taunton - we let so many points slip through our hand throughout the season. Your summary lets anyone guess how many.

It annoys me when we clearly don't bother to go for the next batting point (Essex at Lord's) but not half as much as failing to make attacking decisions (Essex at Lord's; two spinners at Taunton). You can go on...

The other reason we went down was complacency - no one at the club seemed to think it could happen till they were seen trying to help the groundstaff at Uxbridge. By then it was too late.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 19:45
On the subject of complacency I really felt we could have tried harder on Arrowgate to fight the -2 at the the time we were deducted points. Not once the season is over.

Regarding defeats there were 4 games we lost effectively 3 days of cricket.

Two of our wins were very tight indeed.

We deserve to be where we are.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

rod/ed (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 20:32
This is an accurate, sadly, account of the CC season.
It seems to me there were too many bad judgements made both on and off the park. Where does the blame lie? The captain , the coaches, or the management?
Probably a mix of all three but this triumvirate must not be so complacent to think we will bounce straight back.
Changes will have to be made, but as yet I see little to lead me to believe they are in the offing.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 20:52
Season well summed up Kev.
Nothing seemed to click at some of the games....Essex and Warwickshire at home,Lancashire away stick in my mind,as we have all said previously,selections sometimes questionable,although,I wouldn't want to make those decisions.

Still,we are where we are now and have to fight to return to the top flight at the first attempt.
Notts did it,so why can't the Mighty Middle?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net