cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Travel hints and tips,season 2018
BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 09:43
Mexican travel alert...Sunday 3rd June there is NO Met line service between Wembley Park and Aldgate all day.
Jubilee is running ok though.

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 17:51
There should be frequent train services to our next three away matches before sampling the local transport:

* London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads

* London St Pancras to Leicester

* London Victoria to Canterbury East or
London Charing Cross to Canterbury West

04 June, 2018 17:51
Specially discounted rail fares are available during weekends and bank holidays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2018 22:11 by Patsy_Hendren.

Re: Travel hints and tips for the 2018 season
13 June, 2018 09:10
There should be frequent train services to our next two away SCC matches:

* London St Pancras to Leicester

* London Victoria to Canterbury East or
London Charing Cross to Canterbury West

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 08:04
For the journey to sunny Uxbridge on Sunday,there are no Metropolitan Line trains running between Aldgate and Wembley Park.
Good service from there onwards.
If driving,use the car park the club have mentioned on official website,no street parking available.
There is a car park by Swimming Pool,but will be very busy with the warm weather,and public car parks close at 1700 on Sunday.

BREARS (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 08:16
Best not to go, it’s a @#$%& hole

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 15:46
BREARS....
This thread is as it says..Travel hints and tips,Not for individual comments on grounds.
I find this rather out of order to be honest.
I hope nobody else continues to comment on grounds here.....

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 19:07
As JW mentioned elsewhere,there are NO Met line trains from Harrow on the Hill and Aldgate this weekend.
Extra Chiltern line trains are being laid on from Harrow on the Hill and Marylebone.
Good service on rest of the line.

Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 08:14
Good luck to all members and supporters who may be travelling to the ground on Thursday 9th August via Bristol Temple Meads.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2018 08:57 by Seaxe Boy.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 08:17
Quote:
Seaxe Boy
Good luck to all members and supporters who may be travelling to the ground on Sunday via Bristol Temple Meads.

Particularly as Middlesex will be playing at Canterbury on Sunday.

(Sm71)

PaulR_enfield (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 09:02
Thought it was at Beckenham on Sunday?

Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 09:07
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
Quote:
Seaxe Boy
Good luck to all members and supporters who may be travelling to the ground on THURSDAY via Bristol Temple Meads.

Particularly as Middlesex will be playing at Canterbury on Sunday.

(Sm71)

Kent will be hosting Middlesex at the County Ground, Beckenham on Sunday 12th August.

07 August, 2018 12:23
I see you edited your 9 am post, Seaxe Boy. It's bad form to do that, but I always quote you because I have realised you do this.

London to Canterbury Beckenham via Bristol Temple Meads seems bit of a route march to me. I'm sure there must be a quicker route.

Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 12:37
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
I see you edited your 9 am post, Seaxe Boy. It's bad form to do that, but I always quote you because I have realised you do this.
London to Canterbury Beckenham via Bristol Temple Meads seems bit of a route march to me. I'm sure there must be a quicker route.

Please note that Middlesex are playing Gloucestershire at Bristol on THURSDAY 9th August. If somebody was travelling from London then it would be possible to travel to Bristol Temple Meads before changing to the bus.

As Middlesex are visiting Kent at Beckenham on Sunday 12th August then a Canterbury train would not be required. There are plenty of trains to either Beckenham Hill, Beckenham Junction or New Beckenham from either London Blackfriars, Charing Cross or Victoria.

Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 12:59
Quote:
chunkyinargyll

Hello Chunky in Argyll. I notified you of my intended edit through a private message at 09.59 this morning. Did you receive it?

07 August, 2018 13:06
You shouldn't edit a post once someone has replied, otherwise it doesn't make sense.

For instance, I said 'Canterbury' because I went to Middlesex site and saw 'county ground' so assumed Canterbury. I didn't go back and edit it to 'Beckenham' an hour later, because people would then wonder why PaulR Enfield replied the way he did.

Apologies to Beefy for derailing his travel thread, which is meant to be for engineering works, and news of good price deals.

Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 13:18
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
You shouldn't edit a post once someone has replied, otherwise it doesn't make sense.
For instance, I said 'Canterbury' because I went to Middlesex site and saw 'county ground' so assumed Canterbury. I didn't go back and edit it to 'Beckenham' an hour later, because people would then wonder why PaulR Enfield replied the way he did.

Apologies to Beefy for derailing his travel thread, which is meant to be for engineering works, and news of good price deals.

I was trying to keep this exchange of posts to "travel tips and hints". The Kent CCC grounds are known as the "County Ground, Beckenham" AND the "Spitfire St Lawrence Ground, Canterbury".

07 August, 2018 13:24
But a 'good luck' message, which is all your 9.14 post was, ISN'T providing factual information (eg engineering works) is it, so therefore it is a superfluous post.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 19:55
Folks,have just checked trains for next Sunday,August 19th for 1st day of Northamptonshire away.
Please note there are NO TRAINS FROM LONDON EUSTON.
This is due to major track works all weekend,so Euston is shut.
From what I can work out,trains will run every half hour from Hemel Hempstead.
There is a bus service provided from Stanmore,calling at Watford Jct and couple of stations inbetween on to Hemel for trains.
Do check websites of TOC before travel.Sorry,TOC is Train Operating Company,in this case it's London North Western Railway.
Journeys can take up to 3 hrs to get to Northampton from London.
Service is back to normal from Monday morning.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2018 20:36 by BeefyRoberts.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 20:39
Travelling to Bristol for the county game?
Once at Temple Meads station,take bus number 72,departs from incline outside station.The bus stop is located just past the little cafe on right of station after leaving main entrance.
Journey time is about 35 mins,Dayrider ticket is £4.40
Trains depart Paddington at 0730,arrive Bristol 0910.0745 departure arrives 0935 or 0800 arrives 0944.
Don't forget,September games start at 1030.

If driving to Bristol,be careful along M32,there are speed cameras and restrictions.If you see a limit,stick to it,plenty of tickets given out...from my brother who lives in Bristol

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 30/08/2018 20:05 by BeefyRoberts.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net