cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP Diamond

Our 2016 Championship winning match
hdo (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 15:05
Apologies if this question has been asked or discussed on here before. I've just finished reading The Kings Of Summer and it's brought up an issue for me.

As our 2016 title winning match was screened live on Sky, I was hoping that the club might be able to strike some kind of deal for the footage and release it as a DVD. In hindsight I realise this isn't realistic as I don't know if such things are allowed, and it wouldn't sell many copies in the grand scheme of things.

But now I'm wondering if this footage is in fact available anywhere. I never got to see this match as I was stuck at work for the entire duration, and I don't have Sky anyway. If anyone knows where it can be found, or made their own recording, I'd very much like to know. I'd love to sit down and watch all four days' play for the first time.

Re: Our 2016 Championship winning match
14 January, 2018 17:47
The club could barely be bothered to come up with any merchandise to celebrate the CC 2016 win let alone spend thousands of pounds on obtaining permission from the ECB,Sky,MCC,uncle Tom Cobbley and all to produce a DVD with a possible sales limit in the 10's of thousands at vast expense.

The fact our "shop" and therefore our merchandising profits (even online) do not go to MCCC but to MCC under the current arrangement might have something to do with all this.

Maybe your question should be directed to the Landlords rather than the club.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 19:12
I still have day 4 on my sky+ box.
If there is any way of downloading/recording/copying you are more than welcome to a day 4 copy.
My PC skills are not that Good,but any help would be welcome!

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 19:36
The Leprechaun recorded all 4 days and lent me DVD, great viewing last year. Not sure how this was done. I find it a great pity club did not use this as an opportunity for selling merchandise , but we all know why.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Leprechaun (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 12:03
I've still got the recordings and am happy to copy them onto DVDs for anyone. It takes a while as it is in real time. Send me a private message if you want to arrange something!

hdo (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 17:15
Thanks Leprechaun - will PM you now. I'm very excited to think I might finally be able to watch more than the 4-minute highlights of each day on YouTube!

Edit: I pressed "Reply via PM" and sent a message, but it hasn't shown up in my sent box. I don't know if that's how things usually work. If you haven't got it, please let me know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/01/2018 18:08 by hdo.

Leprechaun (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 18:36
I got your message and have replied. I think there is a setting where you can say if you want to keep a message in sent. It is not the default. I'm onto the recording!

Dave_LW (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 19:48
To save copying the original recording each time it would be much easier and quicker to copy a DVD using free software available on a PC / laptop.

Could run off lots of copies in not too great a time.

tallliman (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 12:30
I'd love to watch this again. I spoke to someone about this (apologies, I can't remember the lady's name) but she said the club didn't think there would be sufficient demand to produce the DVD.

18 January, 2018 15:34
"Bootleg DVD's of our finest hour in years, get you DVDs....who wants one?"

I can visualise LL outside the newly reopened Middlesex Room flogging them to all who want them at the start of next season out of a very large sports bag.

Just make sure the Lord's shop bosses don't catch you or they will ban you from the ground for at least a season.(Should have produced them last year smiling smiley )

Single tape transfer in real time to DVD ? Your going to be knackered come the start of the season.

Surely the footage still exists at Sky ? The days of wiping over tape once it had been shown because it was expensive are long gone (as is much great sporting events footage), someone from the club maybe should contact Sky and see if they can do anything even at this late stage,after all it's not every year we win the Championship (and certainly won't be next year!).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net