cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Floodlights in use at last

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Middlesex Room
selincourt (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 16:46
The news is that it is the intention to reopen the Middlesex Room in the lower tier of the Allen Stand at the start of the 2018 season. There will be a small section at the Tavern Stand end retained for office purposes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/01/2018 16:47 by selincourt.

Re: Middlesex Room
BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 19:54
Thanks for the info.
If ready for this coming season,not much time left to do the necessary work to make it back to our room.
Where will the offices be relocated to?
Let's hope this happens,is this an MCC/Lord's decision to be a return to being a permanent feature?

16 January, 2018 05:06
I'll believe anything has been done about this when I am holding a pint in the "Middlesex Room in name only".

If we are getting lower Q back maintaining 1 office in there seems rather petty as if they are saying well you can have it back but we are still in charge.

Initially I could see that a control point had to be maintained with good vision across the ground whilst the Warner was redeveloped, once that was completed the offices should have been removed and the area handed back to Middlesex in a better condition of repair than when it was given over to the control of the ICC/ECB/MCC/MPS/LFB/LAS/ATU/UTCaA. Must have been a squeeze in there on match day anyway.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 11:19
Summed up well Diamond. Next year's World Cup and Ashes will be a good test.

dnb (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 12:35
Now announced on the Middlesex website...
[www.middlesexccc.com]

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 23:28
Truly great news from club and officials.
Our room is coming back to where it belongs...welcome back old friend!

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 23:48
Let's hope there is some common sense and flexibility that other counties apply with the dress code.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 19:40
We had one of our members visit Lord's today,he managed to take a look in the area and said everything being ripped out in readiness for the return to Middlesex Room,being told by a steward ready for the start of the coming season.

Jameslawler (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 08:18
I am delighted. Can't wait to use the room for the first day of the season

dingy bags (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 19:19
The coffee will have been brewing since September 2016...

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 21:24
Just wondering if anyone has heard anymore about how the work is going along for the grand reopening

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 20:36
Well folks,we are getting our Room back for the start of season.
Absolutely fantastic news,and will be a great welcome back.
Someone will sadly miss this,but we will always remember when in there.

Al the panther (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 17:47
Please see my later post.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2018 17:59 by Al the panther.

Al the panther (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 17:56
Quote:
BarmierKev
Let's hope there is some common sense and flexibility that other counti
es apply with the dress code.

I wouldn't bank on it.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 11:08
Quote:
BarmierKev
Let's hope there is some common sense and flexibility that other counties apply with the dress code.

This year's membership guide handbook suggests that is unlikely Kev.

Page 13 states thus: 'gentlemen must wear collared shirts (even when when a collared sweater or jacket is worn on top) at all times.

The comment in brackets tightens up the collar requirements even further methinks.

Have compared with previous dress code instruction which makes no such comment.

So, take care lads and lassies.

adelaide (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 11:29
I've never been in the Pavilion or the Middlesex Room. With dress requirements stuck in the Edwardian age I doubt I will be bothering to try out either.

This is one of things that Surrey supporters chide us about - and they are quite right. Some dress restriction (no mankinis?) is fair enough but it needs to avoid being nostalgia for a bygone age.

Adelaide

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 11:58
Adelaide. Agree. Definitely a disincentive to use the facilities but maybe that is the idea.

Bit like hoping to pass inspection at the guardroom before being allowed out in my service days in Cyprus in the Army.. and being told you are a dirty soldier and sent back to rectify.

Sussex Seaxe (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 14:48
I really think you are cutting your nose off to spite your face, Adelaide! I would much rather there was a relaxed dress code in the pavilion, going there and to funerals are just about the only times I wear a tie nowadays. It's a pain, particularly if hot, but you can use the pathway outside as a dressing room before going in. I have expressed this view to MCC, of which I am also a member, and many share the view; in time it will change. I suspect the much vaunted T20 tournament will have a relaxed pavilion dress code, but I am unlikely to attend that.

However, it is worth the step back in time to experience one of the best environments in world cricket. A great view, lovely facilities and cheaper food and drink options. You can even take your jacket off when outside - shock! horror!

Give it a try, you won't regret it!

Beeamazed (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 17:36
+1

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 18:44
I may struggle with this dress code. Just as well I know a vicar.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net