cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Floodlights in use at last

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Middlesex Room
adelaide (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 18:49
I disliked wearing a tie when I had to for work which fortunately became not very often as work dress codes moved with the times, plus 62% (+/- 3%) of statisticians were scruffy anyway so it was easier to get away with it. I do not want to wear a tie when I am otherwise enjoying myself.

It's not as bad as the pre-1999 rule that you had to have a pair but both say something about the place, and to be honest I do not think I would feel comfortable in such an environment. Maybe I'll try it one day but I think I'd rather be in the Free Seats, as they were when I started watching (though comfortable was not a word associated with those benches).

Comrade Adelaide

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 19:54
I think this dress code needs addressing at the AGM so well all know where we stand.
Then,anything not liked can be told to let the top table know.
Hopefully common sense prevails and we are allowed to be more relaxed in our room.
That would also encourage more visiting members to come in as well,same as we are invited into other county members areas.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
28 March, 2018 11:44
As one who failed the collarless jumper test. Will be wary of trying to clear Bechers Brook to gain entry.

Bechers has a record of many fallers.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 09:57
There is confusion currently whether Middx room would be open first day.

What is clear that this room is also open to MCC members and the draconian dress code rules won't change.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 20:33
Doors to our room open today,as promised by the Club.
Work in progress of course,Rome wasn't built in a day.
But...first impressions of our room....great and if everything else goes same way,we are in for a treat!
Sure,pictures,honours boards,bits n bobs are still to be returned,but they will.
New furniture,Club crest on the glass divides in our room,same below the bar with colours as well.
Ok,one office has been kept to the right hand corner as you walk in,but well camouflaged with floor to ceiling picture of our players.
Price of a pint is £4,it's members prices and same in Warner Stand.

Also got a winners board on the Tavern Stand,all our trophies listed,all good.

Yep,first day of season,and my personal Mark for what has been done for us....10/10.
Look forward to what we get next!

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 20:53
With MCC suits present still does not have a Middlesex feel about it.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Fozzie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 09:47
Well, I for one felt very pleased to be back there.

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 14:51
Delighted about the restoration of the Middlesex Room.

I usually play safe as I do not vary my dress code very much but I sympathise that we are all different.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 19:55
It gets better as we go along. A bloke yesterday in freezing conditions turned up with a Crystal Palace scarf around his neck.

He was booked for that and was also collarless. However, freezing conditions meant he was allowed access.

Have checked the Members Handbook page 13. Can find no reference to footie scarves, (to be added) a bit of a problem as there are to my knowledge, no cricket scarves for our global warming era.

The steward was of course correct re the collarless shirt which is listed.

I did have a pair of FFC socks once but they have since fallen to bits and been binned.

Manure do a whole range of things including underwear to requirements, duvets, a complete bed and wallpaper.

And the Grocers Bash says there is a culture clash on the horizon with the 6 to 8 year old targeted audience, bawling, when asked to take off their Arsenal, Totti, Manure or Chelsea shirts and or scarves.

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 10:54
Thick sweaters and caps do appear to be permitted.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net