cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Cally
BREARS (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 22:25
So sad to hear of the passing of Yorkshire commentator Dave Callaghan, a wonderful broadcaster, total biased but lovely with it RIP Cally

Re: Cally
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 23:09
This is very sad news, as I can remember listening to Dave Callaghan’s commentary whenever Middlesex played Yorkshire, especially as these matches had a tendency to produce memorable moments.

Judging by the comments on Twitter, plenty of people have great memories of sharing a commentary or press box or stage with Cally, being interviewed by him or listening to his commentary.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 06:59
Very sad news.

He had a great broadcasting voice, and was never 'tribal' in his commentaries.

So much ill health around at the moment. Whether it's people I know personally, or people in the public eye like Cally.

Sussex Seaxe (IP Logged)
18 March, 2018 16:55
I too was very sad to hear this. I have often listened to games on the radio, when travelling in the car and he always seemed a 'good bloke'. Far too young to be taken.

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 10:29
As we remember a dedicated journalist Dave Callaghan who we wish will rest in peace.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net