Latest News:

RIP Diamond

Middlesex Academy squad for 2018
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 11:47
The official sites Academy page has updated for the first time in 2 years!!!!

18 names appear-

Archie Carter
Jafer Chohan
Joe Cracknell
Blake Cullen
Jack Davies
Josh DeCaires
Ross Forrester
Luke Hollman
Max John
Anosh Malik
Daniel O'Driscoll
Viren Patel
Atharva Prasad
James Rodgers
Charlie Scott
Sahil Shukla
Reiss Walker
Rishi Wijeratne

Savin Perera is not on the list, despite being on the recent England U19 tour.

I wonder if that means he is going to get a contract, as I don't think he is too old to still be in the academy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/03/2018 14:12 by chunkyinargyll.

Re: Middlesex Academy squad for 2018
Mart (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 20:16
Some of the batsmen selected are a little surprising based on last year's performances. Forrester (249 @ 23), Prasad (368 @ 25), Shukla (271 @ 21) and Scott (203 @ 16). Carter and Walker look to have been selected on the basis of one knock which is a bit of a leap of faith. I personally would have liked to see a little more from the pair first.

Who are Daniel O'Driscoll and James Rodgers? All I can find is that they will be playing for the Under 15s and 18s respectively in 2018.

My 12 for the Academy which I had selected before the announcement was made was Bamber, Chofan, Cracknell, Cullen, Davies, De Caires, Hollman, John, Malik, Patel, Pereira and Prasad. 10 of the 12 have been selected with the exceptions being Bamber and Pereira. Does that mean they have been awarded professional contracts?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 16/03/2018 20:35 by Mart.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 20:31
Ethan Bamber has signed pro contract.

Perera- don't know. I thought he as still young enough to be elagable for another year.

Maybe another county has shown interest?

Mart (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 20:37
Sorry just noticed this:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/03/2018 20:40 by Mart.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing