cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Floodlights in use at last

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Middlesex 2nd XI 2018
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 09:33
Should have kicked off with a friendly against Durham at Radlett, starting on Monday, but already called off due to bad weather.

Re: Middlesex 2nd XI 2018
Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 02:01
There are some exciting options for the 2nd XI. Several of the Academy intake should feature which includes Bamber, Barber, Davies, de Caires, Lace and Scott should do well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 21:01 by Patsy_Hendren.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
22 April, 2018 19:40
Middlesex 2nd XI will play Berkshire in a 50-over match at Merchant Taylors’ School tomorrow. Our 13-man squad for the match consists of Tom Barber, Joe Cracknell (wk), James Franklin, James Fuller, Nick Gubbins, Max John, Tom Lace, Ravi Patel, James Rogers, Charlie Scott, George Scott, Nathan Sowter and Thilan Walallawita.

It is great to see Gubbo and Fuller included after their injuries.

23 April, 2018 05:20
Has a captain been announced yet?

Quote:
Jonathan Winsky
Middlesex 2nd XI will play Berkshire in a 50-over match at Merchant Taylors’ School tomorrow. Our 13-man squad for the match consists of Tom Barber, Joe Cracknell (wk), James Franklin, James Fuller, Nick Gubbins, Max John, Tom Lace, Ravi Patel, James Rodgers, Charlie Scott, George Scott, Nathan Sowter and Thilan Walallawita.
It is great to see Gubbo and Fuller included after their injuries.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 21:03 by Patsy_Hendren.

23 April, 2018 19:56
I don’t know if Middlesex will have regular 2nd XI captain this season, as I would have thought that everyone who plays for the side will have aspirations of playing for the 1st XI. I am not sure if Nick Compton would have any desire to perform this role.

The only mention Middlesex seem to have made on social media today about the match v Berkshire is a Tweet saying that we were 116-4 after 30 overs, with Nick Gubbins having scored 35. I don't think a scorecard was available.

23 April, 2018 20:21
Middlesex have writte on Twitter that the 2nd XI (167) beat Berkshire (108) by 59 runs. Ravi Patel and Thilan Walallawita took three wickets apiece.

24 April, 2018 06:02
Congratulations to the 2nd XI upon a deserved victory.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 14:20
2nd's in action today-

[www.totalcricketscorer.com]

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 16:22
Passed the ground UXB a just before lunch. Sun was out and play was in progress. Looked good after the recent longstanding murk of the last game.

Wind got up again in the afternoon and clouded over a bit.

Hope to see some play on Thursday.

01 May, 2018 19:23
Gloucestershire 2nd XI closed day one on 356-9, with three of the wickets taken by Ravi Patel. It is great that Nick Gubbins and Steven Finn are playing. Finn bowled 10 overs in his comeback from injury, conceding just 15 runs, although he went wicketless. I imagine that Finn is building his fitness with a view to maybe returning to Middlesex’s first-team when we host Glos at Lord’s a week on Friday.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 19:06
The Streaming technical problem at Uxbridge has been identified. BT line still using copper wire, requires fibre optic type. Time for MX to put their hand in their pocket.

An early lunch was called at 12.30, inspection to follow. Then announced a 1.25 start. This was called off after further damp patch in the outfield was identified.

Footie however took place on the outfield for a long period of time thereafter..

Nathan Sowter was captain. Gubbo and Helm had left to go to Hove.

Assume we picked up 8 points but as 104 overs bowled on the first day, not sure when the ninth Gloucs wicket fell on Tuesday.

07 May, 2018 10:41
As the weather appears to be currently improving, the 2nd XI will be begin to come into its own. The Academy apprentices look promising.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 12:26
Rumour has it with have Finn, Morgan, Ravi and Franco playing for our 2nds at Beckenham

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

08 May, 2018 12:56
Quote:
BarmierKev
Rumour has it with have Finn, Morgan, Ravi and Franco playing for our 2nds at Beckenham

This may be an opportunity to observe our options.

tbl (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 13:11
Sounds good. But no Compton?

08 May, 2018 13:53
Here is a possible balance of youth and experience to visit Kent II at Beckenham:

Compton Robson* G.Scott Morgan de Caires Cracknell+ Franklin Fuller Sowter Finn Bamber

08 May, 2018 19:21
Middlesex 2nd XI won this match by three wickets with 11 balls to spare. James Franklin took three wickets and George Scott took two as Kent 2nd XI were all out for 222. Our chances of winning seemed improbable when we were 131-7 due to Scott’s 72 hitherto being our only innings about 10, but Nathan Sowter’s 52 not out and Ravi Patel’s 41 not out saw us home.

Nick Compton appears to be back from Philadelphia, as he today tweeted a photo of himself on a golf course near Bracknell.

Rogers and Out (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 09:06
Popped over to Beckenham yesterday to watch the 50 over match accompanied by Fulham Des.

We fielded a mixture of youth and experience, including James Franklin, Eoin Morgan, Steven Finn, Ravi Patel and Nathan Sowter.

Finny captained the side, presumably in preparation for his forthcoming role with the senior side.

We used seven bowlers, all of whom took a wicket, with Franklin's 3/27 from 8 overs being the best figures, including a wicket from his first ball.

Young Max John and Thilan Walallawita did reasonably well with the ball, and I was impressed by John's athleticism in the field.

It looked like we would restrict Kent to a score of under 200 but some decent lower order hitting got them up to 222.

Due to the need to seek offsite refreshment, we missed the five runs scored by Franklin and Morgan between them, and it was left to George Scott to keep us in the hunt.

After he was out for a creditable 72, we fell away to 131/7 with just 18.4 overs remaining.

However, some fine batting by Nathan and Ravi, admittedly assisted by some inexperienced bowling from Kent, got us home with more than an over to spare. Sowter made a great fifty and Patel with his unbeaten 41 showed his potential with the bat too.

I had not been to Beckenham before. It's decent for an out ground with a good permanent uncovered stand. It would be great if we could get something similar at our out grounds but I'm sure there are reasons why that might not be possible.

The only down side was that the bar was not open to Joe Public, and we had to take the half mile or so trek into the town centre to avail ourselves of beverage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2018 12:32 by Rogers and Out.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 09:44
Thanks for update. Sorry I missed it. i've been there for 20 over bash and do like the ground.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 10:25
Cheers for mini report RnO,good to see some of our firsts are getting some play,in readiness for a return to the main side?
Bar not open to Joe Public?
Was the crowd that big? 🍻🍺

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net