cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Re: Middlesex 2nd XI 2018
Rogers and Out (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 11:29
Quote:
BeefyRoberts
Bar not open to Joe Public?
Was the crowd that big? 🍻🍺

There were about thirty or forty there, Beefy, many of whom headed for the pavilion to get some drinks only to find the shutters down. Beckenham is not a great area for pubs except for a few in the town centre

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 18:20
Kent and Middlesex today began a three-day Second Eleven Championship match at Beckenham, with the hosts closing day one on 447-5. Our line-up doesn’t seem particularly strong, although it includes Robbie White, George Scott, Ravi Patel and Nathan Sowter. I am not sure why James Fuller isn’t playing.

Kent have put a lot of investment into the ground in recent years, as they intend it to be their base for the work they perform in the north of the county. The fact Beckenham has a permanent stand is good news for spectators, as that obviously gives patrons a better view than if they have to look over other spectators’ shoulders, as is often the case at our outgrounds. However, those wishing to sit in the stand when Kent and Middlesex meet in a Twenty20 match on Sunday 12th August will have to pay £27, as opposed to the £22 charged for general admission, although my desire to get an unobstructed view meant that I was willing to pay this extra charge when I ordered my ticket.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 17:27
Text by Phil catchpole live from Becks

Kent declare at 552/8 . Pretty formidable score line. Just over 5 sessions still to go. Lovely ground here. Would imagine a major game could fit in a fair size crowd. Kent CCC relocating from Canterbury is a talking point in this massive crowd of 23.

In reply Middlesex are 43/2 at luncheon.Pleasant conditions for watching and playing. Need a Nick Compton type innings from someone. And a bar person. Or a tea making one.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

10 May, 2018 18:49
Middlesex 2nd XI were going well at 337-3 thanks to Robbie White (155), George Scott (75) and Nathan Sowter (58), but five late wickets meant they close day two on 353-8, meaning that Kent 2nd XI will probably be keen to get into a position from which they can enforce the follow-on tomorrow.

11 May, 2018 18:52
Middlesex 2nd XI drew this match. After being bowled out for 364, the follow-on was enforced. Thankfully, another century for Robbie White (134) as well as 76 from Nathan Sowter spared us from defeat.

The Total Cricket Scorer scorecard seems to have disappeared, so hopefully a scorecard will appear on Cricinfo at some point.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 17:52
SET v Unicorns at Uxbridge today. Confirmed with Nathan Sowter on arrival that we were playing. He said yes, covers had done their job yesterday.

No team sheets but except for one bloke all of ours were contracted players.

Not announced but I assume we won the toss and put Unicorns in.

They started fairly rapidly but we slowed them down with spinners Patel and Sowter so they totalled 226 off their 50 overs.

Mx always kept ahead of the rate though one or two wickets fell to ambitious shots.

James Franklin came in, kept a cool head and posted 78no, assisted at the end by JK Fuller so we crossed the line in 41overs 228 for 5.

Contrary to the forecast, a bright sunny and warm day. Unicorns stuck to their task in the field their ground fielding safe and they held the catches offered.

So, two out of two so far.

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 11:02
A good performance from an interesting line-up which has created some much needed confidence.

15 May, 2018 18:15
Middlesex today beat Gloucestershire by two wickets with 28 balls remaining in a Second Eleven Trophy match at Southgate. Glos posted 221-8, with Nathan Sowter taking 4-38, Ravi Patel taking 2-44, Ethan Bamber taking 2-23, and most of their team-mates bowling economically. We got over the line thanks to 80 from George Scott, 63 from James Fuller and 23 not out from Patel.

I am not sure what to make of Fuller only bowling four overs and being our sixth bowler used. Maybe it was because he isn’t quite fully fit yet, or it could simply be because the other bowlers were doing a good job. At least those overs only went for 20 runs, and of course he played an important innings.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 07:04
I was there in company of Leprechaun and Rogers and Out. A wonderful day.

Day started badly for me as was forced to move as my seat by set out table obscured someone’s view.

Barber found his radar. Scott must be knocking on door of first team after his superb knock. Ravi’s innings was a masterclass at end and saw us through when looked dodgy. I’m sponsoring him and congratulated him when he hit winning 6. He said to me that was for you.

I’m tempted to go to Southend rather her than Radlett Thursday.

Barmy Kev

Rogers and Out (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 07:37
Quote:
Jonathan Winsky
I am not sure what to make of Fuller only bowling four overs and being our sixth bowler used. Maybe it was because he isn’t quite fully fit yet, or it could simply be because the other bowlers were doing a good job. At least those overs only went for 20 runs, and of course he played an important innings.

Jonathan - James Fuller was only bowling at half pace yesterday and I would imagine he needs a few more Second XI games to regain his bowling fitness. Nothing wrong with his batting though !

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 11:56
JW. JK Fuller bowled gingerly at Uxbridge on Sunday from about a third of his normal run-up.

His batting seems unaffected though. Fielding. Also gingerly.

17 May, 2018 18:53
Unlike the 1st XI, Middlesex were able to beat Essex in their Second Eleven Trophy meeting at Garon Park today, doing so by 128 runs. After Robbie White scored 108, Nathan Sowter once again performed well with bat and ball, scoring 45 and taking 3-32.

James Fuller took two wickets, so hopefully it won’t be long before he is able to play for the 1st XI.

21 May, 2018 18:52
Tomorrow, Middlesex will play Surrey in a Second Eleven Trophy match at Sunbury. I think that Surrey will be considered as the home side. Surrey’s squad for this match includes Morne Morkel.

Rocks&Boulders (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 17:47
Match Result - Middlesex win by 8 wickets

On a day which saw Morne Morkel make his debut for Surrey, Middlesex ran out winners at Sunbury by 8 wickets.

After winning the toss and electing to bat first, Surrey did not get off to the desired start, losing the wickets of Patel and Bruce in quick succession, leaving the hosts on 20-2 after 6 overs.

Woods and Harinath were able to guide Surrey to 89 in the 23rd over before the 3rd wicket fell, with Middlesex successfully limiting them to 4 an over by the halfway stage.

Wickets fell consistently from here on, and a team effort from Walallawita, Hollman, Rayner and Scott ensured Middlesex were in a strong position with just over 10 overs to go, with Surrey on 135-7.

Two decent partnerships at the tail end meant that Surrey successfully batted out there overs, finishing on 212-9.

Luke Hollman finished as the pick of the bowlers on 3-40, with Walallawita and Rayner both taking 2 wickets each.

Middlesex started strongly in response, with Max Holden and Sam Robson seeing off Morkel's opening spell as a Surrey player and each going on to reach half-centuries before being respectively caught off the bowling of Atkinson in quick succession, leaving the score on 127-2 from 22.2 overs.

The pace in which the opening pair batted meant that Middlesex were well ahead of the required run rate, taking pressure off the batsmen entering the second half of the innings.

George Scott kept batting aggressively however, scoring at above a run-a-ball, and had reached 59 not out by the time Middlesex crossed the line with 15 overs to go, not losing any further wickets in the process.

Mr. Trellis. (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 19:08
Rob White retired hurt near the end of the match after being struck, while at the non-striker's end, by a ferocious shot by Scott. Apparently the ball hit his hand and deflected on to his jaw. He was well enough to take part in the after-match hand-shakes and hopefully there will be no lasting effects.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/05/2018 21:18 by Mr. Trellis..

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 12:36
SET at Sunbury Cricket ground Middlesex. Carded as one of our three home matches though there were mixed opinions.

Team Robbo, Holden, White Scott Lace, Rayner capt, Davies, Hollman, John, Walllawhita, JP Rogers.

Rest of the SET squad Harris, Franklin, Barber, Fuller, Sowter, Patel.

That squad looks strong enough to win the Trophy with to date five wins out of five.

Next up Sussex at Blackstone Academy on Tuesday June the fifth.

A reasonable smattering on a sunny day. A good MX following. Spotted were Staines Bob, Gary, Hammersmith Les, Barry White, Bluey Nash, Rogeroverout, Fulham Des, Keith Mein, Dave Nash Jnr.

Rocks and Boulders has given a detailed post of the days proceedings. I was not impressed with the Mexican performance and considered we controlled the game from the opening over.

A brief cameo from Morne Morkel notwithstanding. Their total of 212 was less than the Unicorns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/05/2018 13:04 by Seaxe_Man.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 20:20
Any updates from southgate today?

Barmy Kev

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 20:26
I can only give the 'cricket scorer' view that Surrey made 241, with Ollie Rayner taking 4-48.

Tom Barber managed two wickets.

I note Surrey had JP Laraman playing for them.

Son, or relative of Aaron? Anyone know?

We were 60-0 at the close, with Robbo and Maxi going well.

dingy bags (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 21:18
Lovely day in the Southgate sun. Delayed start, won toss and had a bowl in the mist that was still hanging around. Barber fast but very erratic; Timmy just the opposite. Best bowler was probably George Scott. They tried to hit Ollie, and got a six or two, but he stuck at it and ended with the best figures. My first sight of Walallawita: quite impressed with his SLA, although he often fired it in quite sharply. Great one-handed catch from skipper Sam, running back from slip and an even better one in the outfield from Tom Lace.

Best aspect of all? The keeping of young Jack Davies. Ignore the 12 byes - Mr Barber sent down some deliveries that would have tested even Loris Karius. Strong display from the youngster: Robbie White will take the gloves second innings.

This side of the boundary? Geoff Arnold, still full of enthusiasm at 77; Peter Such, who did some work with Verdi; Simmo, clearly bored at being away from a cricket ground for more than 20 hours.

adelaide (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 22:33
What do you mean - even Loris Karius? Straight at him was enough, poor man.

Adelaide

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net