cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Re: SCC: Middlesex versus Glamorgan at Lord's (27th to 30th April)
tallliman (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 20:18
Looking at the forecast, it looks like a drive for bonus points this weekend.

Darren Gosling (IP Logged)
26 April, 2018 21:05
Any chance of getting Berg, Higgins & Podmore back on loan???

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
27 April, 2018 09:43
Uncontested toss, so not surprisingly, we bat first.

Franklin and Scott left out.

27 April, 2018 10:09
6-0 after one over, and off for rain!

hdo (IP Logged)
27 April, 2018 10:12
This is the XI I would've picked - adding a batsman and dropping most of the middle order down one position. Cartwright seems to be a decent 4th seam bowler and I like the look of the top 7 batsmen - providing Robson can find some form.

I'm stuck at work today but the weather forecast for St John's Wood is atrocious. I was surprised to see the match actually began, but not surprised to see it's already delayed.

adelaide (IP Logged)
27 April, 2018 10:16
According to the score at the foot of the live stream...

4-0 off 4 balls - run rate 10
6-0 off 5 balls - run rate 12
6-0 off 1 over - run rate 6

Someone's run rate formula seems to assume that there are 10 balls in an over. Has Graves got at it already?

Adelaide

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
27 April, 2018 10:31
As Peter Hayter points out in the Cricket Paper. If you want to metricate cricket. Boundaries should change to 5 and 10 runs.

The 100 ball job. He suggests 20 five ball overs. Same difference. Plus let the last batsman bat at both ends, so all eleven are out.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
27 April, 2018 18:44
Similar to what was often the case during when Middlesex went to Derbyshire last week, it seems like our opponents will be happier than us about the day’s play. On a more positive note, we are nearly a third of the way to a batting point, and would finish with the maximum five batting points in the unlikely event of us batting around 90 more overs and maintaining our current run rate.

There should be two full days’ play at the weekend, although Monday could well be a washout. If that is the case, it would leave 208.5 more overs left in the match (although a few overs will be lost due to change of innings unless an innings happens to finish right at the end of a session). Only 178.3 overs were required to achieve a result when Northamptonshire came to Lord’s two weeks ago, so as I have said, this is far from a nailed-on draw.

In both of our previous matches, the away team forwent a toss and ended up losing, so hopefully this match will follow that pattern after Glamorgan put us in.

The decision not to select James Franklin and George Scott means that Hilton Cartwright is our only seam option other than the three fast bowlers we selected. Let’s hope our fast bowlers come out of this match in better health than they did at Derby, otherwise we would be very short of seam options and may have to eventually resort to our three part-time spin options. The lack of seam options means that Ollie Rayner stands a better chance of bowling than he did two weeks ago. Hopefully this means our over rate won’t be worry.

28 April, 2018 08:31
The start today may be delayed, as BBC currently give a 95% chance of rain at 10:00am and 69% chance at 11:00am. However, that may be the last rain the match sees until the heavy rain forecast for tomorrow evening which threatens to wipe out Monday’s play and has caused the Met Office to issue a yellow weather warning.

28 April, 2018 17:42
Today was a wasted day for me. I didn't expect the day to see no play, although there was on-and-off drizzle throughout the day, and the sun did not come out to dry out the outfield. I would have probably stayed at home to wait for any news of a start time had I not been due to write the MTWD report. There is now no point in me writing a report.

I still feel confident about there being lots of play tomorrow, although the forecast for Monday hasn’t improved. It looks like the chances of a result have disappeared, and that the main plot of this match is how many bonus points the two teams can achieve tomorrow.

For those with access to Twitter, the highlight of the day must have been Tim Murtagh posting a video of the players heading a football in the dressing room.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
28 April, 2018 17:47
Thanks for your effort of attending and sorry it was a wasted journey. Better luck to all tomorrow

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

EH Hendren (IP Logged)
28 April, 2018 23:59
We remain confident for a full third day's play.

29 April, 2018 13:05
194 all out.

Looking forward to seeing Tom Barber bowl, after so much talk.

In the past the verdict has been 'quick, but erratic', with plenty of no balls and wides.

If he can get his radar right, he could be quite a find.

hdo (IP Logged)
29 April, 2018 14:08
Yes, Barber took a while to find his radar, bowling a horrendous wide with his first ball. Things improved and he does look very quick, but he didn't have any luck in his first spell.

Glamorgan 1 down now, but we need 8 more wickets today otherwise it's a bit of a waste of time.

29 April, 2018 14:23
Donald gone for a first ball duck.

Quack, quack.

Two in two for Timmy.

EH Hendren (IP Logged)
29 April, 2018 14:52
Eskinazi's 94 dominated Middlesex's 194 all out. Glamorgan are currently 38/4 with 4/12 from Murtagh.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
29 April, 2018 15:06
Eski deserved a ton. Well batted and tough luck Stevie. Murts troubled them with every ball and deserved his 4 wickets.

Any further play will be bonus.

29 April, 2018 20:58
Stevie Eskinazi and Tim Murtagh have spoken to Middlesex’s YouTube page about today:

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 12:39
Match drawn. So six points to give a total of twenty nine to date.

30 April, 2018 21:59
A consolation for Middlesex is that none of the other division two matches in this round saw results achieved. Northamptonshire v Durham didn't even see a ball bowled, although the Leicestershire v Derbyshire and Sussex v Gloucestershire matches were able to get more advanced than our match.

Dawid Malan has spoken to Middlesex’s YouTube page about this match. Some of the media have picked up on his suggestion that a pink ball should be used in early-season matches to prevent the scenario in which the floodlights are on, yet play can't take place:

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net