cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Other county matches and news 2018
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
28 April, 2018 20:55
Simon Kerrigan, who had a nightmare in his one and only test has put his playing career on hold, due to a loss of form.

Although still on the playing staff for the time being, he will assist in a coaching role.

[www.espncricinfo.com]

Re: Other county matches and news 2018
EH Hendren (IP Logged)
29 April, 2018 01:11
We wish Simon Kerrigan well with his coaching ambitions. However we trust that he also regains his form and returns to the Lancashire XI.

04 May, 2018 11:27
Yorkies 11-4 after winning toss, and batting first at Chelmsford.

04 May, 2018 12:19
42-7 is not a good look when you choose to bat first.

smiling bouncing smiley

04 May, 2018 12:39
50 all out.

Well batted lads.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 12:43
Grumbling in Yourkshure!
Be interesting to see how Essexshire reply

04 May, 2018 13:03
Twelve wickets before lunch at Chelmsford.

Essex rattling along at 9-2.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 20:09
Yorkshire will probably actually be happy about how today went, as they bowled Essex out for 142, and they closed on 161-2. In a low-scoring match, to be ahead by 69 with eight wickets remaining is a decent position. In Yorkshire' first innings, Joe Root batted at 4 and Jonny Bairstow batted at 6, but the second innings has seen Bairstow open and Root yet to bat. I am not sure why this change was made, but it spared Root of the possibility of being out twice in a day, although this fate did befall Adam Lyth and Bairstow.

Each match in this round has so far proven to be either wicket-heavy or wicket-light.

adelaide (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 21:56
My mind goes back to a match at Chelmsford where Middlesex were bowled out for a two figure score but saved the match by getting over 600 in the second innings. The difference was that it was very very green for the first three hours then got deader and deader.

But if the pitch had looked like this, Yorkshire would have let Essex bat, so that can;t be it.

Adelaide

06 May, 2018 12:48
Yorkshire have completed the comeback, beating Essex by 91 runs. I am not sure how many times a team has won a first-class match after being all out for a total as low as 50.

More relevant for Middlesex is that Warwickshire have beaten Derbyshire, and have recorded two wins and one draw so far, so are set to spend the season near the top of the division two table.

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 10:31
Yorkshire have shown (like Middlesex versus Northamptonshire recently) that anything can happen if a state of blind panic does not set in.

07 May, 2018 21:40
Durham and Leicestershire may be 9th and 8th respectively in the division two table, but their meeting at Chester-le-street served up a classic, with Durham winning a match after following-on for the first time in their history. A Durham win seemed unlikely when they were 51-6 in their first innings in reply to Leicestershire’s 440, but they got their score to 184. After the follow-on was enforced, the match seemed to be heading for a draw when Durham were 309-2, so were 53 ahead and were facing bowlers who had been in the field for more than 150 overs at that point. However, a collapse left Durham 345-8, which seemed to be good news for Leics, although the tail got the total to 403 and left Leics requiring 148. Leics were all out for 101, meaning Durham won by 46 runs.

Who needs 100-balls-a-side matches?

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:34
Following the remarkable Durham comeback versus Leicestershire, it appears that we will have a tough season ahead of us.

The standard in division two can not be too poor, especially as the bowlers have been taking wickets across the country.

08 May, 2018 19:40
Quote:
Jonathan Winsky
Yorkshire have completed the comeback, beating Essex by 91 runs. I am not sure how many times a team has won a first-class match after being all out for a total as low as 50 [in their first innings]

An article on Cricket Country says that Yorkshire’s total was the sixth-lowest score posted by a winning team in the first innings of a County Championship match. As Patsy Hendren will recall, the lowest such score came in a match at Bristol in 1924 when Gloucestershire (31 and 294) beat Middlesex (74 and 190) by 61 runs.

Fozzie (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 14:12
In the opening round of the Royal London Cup Billy Godleman has scored 137 off 118 balls for Derbyshire, with 3 sixes and 12 fours. Is this the same Godleman I saw take all day to score 50 for Derby at Lords a few years ago? Truly, the tectonic plates are shifting!

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 16:03
Tomorrow,Notts are charging admission fee of £1 for the one day game.
Already 8000 tickets sold in advance,and estimate same figure in members.
With walk-ups on the day,a damn good turn out,don't you just love these ideas?
Fingers crossed they have decent weather for this,and make a good amount of £££££

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 19:34
And on the other hand the MCC or was it the ECB decided to charge a minimum of £50 for todays test match play. Oh well good practise for watching 100 ball cricket.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 20:02
Attendence figure of 14,357 at Trent Bridge today,including members I imagine.
Can still hear the tills going!

PaulR_enfield (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 21:27
Shows what can be done if the effort is made, despite what people supposedly running the game think

08 June, 2018 06:31
Charlie Thurston (formerly of our academy) made 53 on debut for Northants in their List A game against Yorkshire.

I remember he posted a large score for our under 17's a few years back (or was it under 19's?)

I tried (without success) to track it down on the internet. I think he made a double hundred as part of a 300+ partnership, which was a record, but I've forgotten the exact details.

I expected a pro contract would follow, but the club seemed to take the view that, whilst it was an exceptional innings, they didn't think he had the ability to make it as a pro cricketer.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net