cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Floodlights in use at last

Captain Finn
dingy bags (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 18:49
Finn to be our 50 over captain. Gus knows a bit about opening the bowling and captaining a side but not easy. Cf Bob Willis with England.

Got to try something different in white-ball (and I, for one, could do with a cheer-up!!)

Re: Captain Finn
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 20:15
I had been wondering who would captain Middlesex in the Royal London Cup for any matches Dawid Malan will miss, as the initial announcement about Malan being made captain in all formats said that we would make a decision nearer to the time about this issue.

It sounds like Malan will captain us in any matches for which he is available, with Steven Finn performing the role for any matches Malan will miss. Interestingly (dare I use the word ‘sensibly’?), we have announced that John Simpson has been designated as next in line in case we find ourselves with nether Malan nor Finn, which is possible due to the fact we like to rotate our fast bowlers.

Hopefully Malan will be able to play in our first two matches before England’s two-Test series v Pakistan, while he may be able to play in our final group match as well.

I am surprised that Finn has been given this role ahead of Simmo considering it is more traditional for wicket-keepers to captain sides than fast bowlers. As I said, we like to rotate our fast bowlers, which means I anticipate that Simmo will lead the side in at least one match. Congratulations to both players on their appointments.

Re: Captain Finn
Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 10:14
Congratulations to Steven Finn upon his appointment as List A vice-captain. Due to the anticipated unavailability of the captain, it is to be expected that he will be leading the Royal London One-Day Cup campaign.

John Simpson may get his chance if a fully fit Finn is recalled to any of the England XIs.

The important factor is to select the best person for the role because of their leadership qualities. Their original role on the field of play should not cloud the issue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net