cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Floodlights in use at last

Bravo
rod/ed (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 13:14
Dwayne Bravo signs for the blast, but only for six games. Where's he going after that? Back to the CPL perhaps just like last year's marque signing.
Good work if you can get it , a few weeks in London in July.
Would prefer someone committing to the club for the duration of the tournament. But I'm probably old fashioned in expecting such loyalty, given that T20 is the "one night stand" of cricket.
Good luck Dwayne, hope it goes well for all concerned.

Re: Bravo
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 18:01
Would rather have Juliet Bravo

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

adelaide (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 18:50
Perhaps there was thought to be little point in recruiting anyone for more than six matches...

Adelaide

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 20:14
It makes sense for Middlesex to take the opportunity to sign a player of Dwayne Bravo’s quality for six matches, although I agree that the fact he has not signed for our whole campaign is displeasing to those with a ‘glass-half-empty’ (or should that be ‘glass-four-sevenths-empty’?) view.

As he will leave our campaign before it has reached its climax, I imagine that our supporters will put him under pressure to perform well, or at least to perform better than Brendon McCullum did last season. Bravo is capable of performing well with both bat and ball, although the fact he is aged 34 means that his best days are probably behind him.

Bravo is well-known for releasing a song about being a champion shortly before he helped West Indies win the World Twenty20 in 2016:

Nick Gubbins later imitated the song after Tim Murtagh pranked him when Gubbo arrived late for our pre-season media day in 2016. In the same way West Indies won the World Twenty20 after Bravo's song, we won the County Championship within a few months of Gubbo's version.

fivestar (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 06:58
Not interested in these t20 big name ‘has beens’. Well past his sell buy date in what he offers. Would rather see local Eng lads coming through!

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 10:26
It is possible that Cartwright will be retained to complete Bravo's stint. A maximum of four overseas cricketers may be registered for a single tournament but only two may be used at any one time.

It may be that the coach has a short-term replacement in mind unless he sticks with the emerging young talent which we appear to have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2018 22:13 by Patsy_Hendren.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 19:48
East Caribbean dollars have a decent exchange rate with Sterling. Correction Trinidadian Dollars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/05/2018 18:57 by Seaxe_Man.

Mr. Trellis. (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 17:45
Jos Buttler yesterday hit 12 runs of the first 5 balls of the final over (bowled by Dwayne Bravo) to win the match for his IPL team. Yes, it could happen to anybody.

If Bravo makes a significant impression for the Middle I'll be very surprised. Just another mercenary with more interest in making money than in who he's playing for.

Lifer (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 19:58
It would be nice if people waited until he has played before running him down.
I am not a fan but everyone deserves a chance.

If he is not trying we shall know...

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 12:32
I agree with Lifer that we should give our new signing a chance. Agar and Bravo are two effective cricketers who should make an impact when they play.

Beeamazed (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 15:40
Lifer and Patsy
This forum has certain contributors who will slag off any new men
very quickly and before having picked up bat or ball
They are best ignored...

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 18:05
Quote:
Beeamazed
Lifer and Patsy
This forum has certain contributors who will slag off any new men
very quickly and before having picked up bat or ball
They are best ignored...

Plus some of the old ones Bea. Admittedly Bazz did'nt cut the mustard last year but I thought Southee gave a decent return.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net