cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: RLC Kent at Radlett 20th May
Rocks&Boulders (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 17:55
WE WON BY 70 RUNS. (Sm53)

Sowter with the final two wickets, one a caught&bowled.

20 May, 2018 18:49
Nice to be able to say "Well played lads" at last.

I trust the powers that be noted that our 3 most economical bowlers were the spinners.

Beeamazed (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 19:01
+1

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 19:52
The match was closer than the scoreboard indicated. Haggett and Kuhn were playing Kent back into game and were within 12 off the Vera having been 50+ behind . Its took a freakish run out to break that dangerous partnership

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 20:46
As I said, it was important that Middlesex didn’t start with two home defeats, so it is great that we instead have as many wins as defeats as well as a positive net run rate.

When we were 240-2 after 35.4 overs with Paul Stirling and Eoin Morgan going well, it looked like we could pass 350, but I feared that we would slow down if we lost a couple more wickets, and that is exactly what happened. Although our slowdown didn't prove costly today, I fear that it could cost us in other matches.

Because of our slowdown, I wasn’t sure if we could defend our total, especially as 37 runs came off the first 3.1 overs of Kent’s reply, but I felt confident once the wickets began falling. Although they recovered from 102-5 after 19.4 overs to only lose one more wicket in the next 20.5 overs, I still felt confident due to the fact the rate required was creeping up, and most of their top order were out. However, I could not be entirely certain, as Middlesex are capable of losing from any position! The run out of Calum Haggett (after there was an overthrow, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise) and the dismissal of Heino Kuhn in the space of two overs relieved some tension.

Steven Finn has spoken to our YouTube page about this match:

20 May, 2018 21:43
We will come unstuck going into a 50 over match with only 4 recognised batsman.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 15:52
We have been doing that for years BBTC. Yesterdays scorecard underlined that.

The first three wickets brought stands of 63, 102 and 75. the third wicket in over 36 fell at 240. the remaining overs and seven wickets produced 73 runs.

At one stage 350 looked on, but in the end it was thanks to the 'Tanks' cameo 29no that we passed 300.

Kent's best stand was 71 for the seventh wicket before Haggett was run out attempting a run on a overthrow.

Kuhn batted well for them until trying to sweep Helm to square leg and was bowled.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 18:51
Paul Stirling has spoken to Middlesex’s YouTube page about this match:

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 14:57
An excellent display from a team which cleverly blended youth with experience.

A pleasure to see the spinners given a chance within a balanced bowling attack.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net