cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Floodlights in use at last

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sussex RL cup 25th May 2018
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 16:00
15 man squad named-

Finn (c) barber, Cartwright, Eskinazi, Franklin, Fuller, Gubbins, Harris, Helm, Holden, Morgan, Patel, Simpson (wk) Sowter, Stirling.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 28/05/2018 14:23 by BarmierKev.

Re: Sussex RL cup 25th May 2018
Rocks&Boulders (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 16:25
I'll be there slightly late, train due into hove at 10.52.

drinking smiley

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 16:27
I can't see us making any changes to the team after yesterday's victory.
Got the making of another nail-biter.
Hove,one of my favourite grounds.
0915 train off Victoria will get us there in time for start.

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 17:02
Perhaps Fuller will replace Cartwright with Franklin moving up the order?

25 May, 2018 12:20
Coach Richard Scott has announced an unchanged XI for the visit to Sussex at Hove today:

Stirling Gubbins Eskinazi Morgan Cartwright Simpson+ Franklin Helm Sowter Finn* Patel

MiddleToWest (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 14:17
For so few wickets, the score seems relatively low. Is the wicket a bit of a pudding?

25 May, 2018 14:21
Difficult to know if 288-4 is a good score, or not.

Kevin Hand keeps mentioning a short boundary on one side, so maybe we could have done with a few more.

Fozzie (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 17:45
Anyone know what happened to Stirling, who batted with a runner for part of his innings and I think hasn't fielded? Not that it appears to have affected his batting...

25 May, 2018 17:59
In the end we had more than enough.

Not sure about Stirlo- a strain of some sort. Not sure if he will be fit for Taunton on Sunday.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 19:15
Stirlo thigh strain,it's on the club match report.
Great win today vs a Sussex side I thought would worry us.
What I liked?....Changing the bowlers all the time,taking one over and bringing someone else on,I really love that style of one day play.
And,one fielder stood out to us all there...take a bow Nick Gubbins,he is turning into one hell of a sharp fielder.

Chesham Steve (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 19:48
Anyone know why Eskinazi didn't bat.

25 May, 2018 20:22
Simply because Gubbo and Stirling put on 198 for first wicket, and at that point there was 15 overs to go, so Morgan and others promoted to up the run rate.

Chesham Steve (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 20:43
Thanks Chunky, Morgan I understand but not the others. Anyway got the result and that is what matters.

25 May, 2018 20:46
It is refreshing that Finn has chosen a balanced seam and spin attack. I also agree with Beefy about the advantages of rotating the bowlers.

Rocks&Boulders (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 20:51
Brilliant win, on the train back from Brighton now. Hope Stirlo's not got an injury that will keep him out for a while.

MIDDLE MIDDLE MIDDLE .

tbl (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 22:08
Very entertaining day at one of my favourite grounds.

I initially didn't think 288 was enough on a small ground, but our bowling and fielding was excellent. Well done to the players.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 22:56
There was much depression from the Middlesex faithful at end of our innings that we did not make a bigger score. But we defended the target well. I’m too tired and emotional to put report up now , but will tomorrow for a further perspective.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

adelaide (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 23:42
It seems that at lunch players of both sides thought that the Middlesex score was above par for the pitch, despite the short boundary.

I see Joe Denly had a captain's match at Canterbury, scoring 150* and taking four wickets. He was actually the fifth bowler of five which shows great confidence in his leg spin.

Adelaide

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 12:41
The ball kept low on occasions creating a number of grubbers which somehow did not take a wicket.

The impression given, was that the ball was'nt coming onto the bat quickly and kept low on occasions. Only losing four wickets suggested we batted with discipline after losing the toss in to start with, murky conditions.

The sun later broke through and remained out for the rest of the day.

With the wisdom of hindsight as always: 284 was a decent score.

Once again Paul Stirling made a a huge contribution, batting the last part of his innings on one leg, with Nathan Sowter as a runner.

Paul also played a lot of good cricket shots along the ground: it was'nt slogging.

Congrats to Finny in sticking with the spinners. As Shots92 said on many occasions 'spin to win'.

They picked up a further 7 wickets making it thirteen from the last two games. Finny also chipped in with three. Ravi's 4 for 58 a career best. Likewise Nathan Sowter's 3 wickets for 43..

The last time in List A games that we won four in a row was 2005. Notts. Lanky. Worcs. in the Totesport League plus a CGT win over Northumberland.

As in the home second eleven game at Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex on Tuesday versus the Mexicans who had crossed the River.

We controlled the game from the first over.

rod/ed (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 20:42
[quote Seaxe_Man

The last time in List A games that we won four in a row was 2005. Notts. Lanky. Worcs. in the Totesport League plus a CGT win over Northumberland.

I was (almost ) at that Northumberland match. Being even nearer here than Durham I drove down only to be greeted by dark clouds and rain. Don had just become 1st XI scorer and chatted to me whilst Ed Joyce, JD, and Chad Keegan paddled on the outfield.
Play was abondoned for the day and being fully employed I returned home . Didn't realise I was missing the history of four wins on the bounce !

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net