cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Floodlights in use at last

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Lewis Gregory
BREARS (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 16:43
Watch this space (Sm112)

Re: Lewis Gregory
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 16:48
I'm watching, NSP.

It is true his girlfriend lives in London, and it is true he is yet to sign a new Somerset deal after 2018 is over.

Somerset still expect to keep him. If he does leave, Surrey the more likely destination.

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 16:49
Lewis Gregory will captain Somerset in the 2018 Vitality t20 Blast.

25 May, 2018 07:03
It seems LG has been 'rested' (not injured) for the last few one day matches, so maybe a move really is on the cards.

We are in Taunton on Sunday, so maybe the deal gets done then, with an announcement next week.

25 May, 2018 07:19
Somerset announced Gregory's appointment as their t20 captain earlier this year so why is there this speculation?

25 May, 2018 08:04
Things change.

hdo (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 10:05
Interesting to see this thread on here this morning, as I also heard this recently from a reasonably trustworthy source.

25 May, 2018 10:13
If Gregory wants London (and it appears he does) then he might prefer Lord's wickets to The Oval.

A replacement for TRJ this season would be welcome.

Franklin bound to be gone at the end of this season, and possibly Murts too.

Gregory is in the Harris/TRJ mold. Accurate, not express quick, and a decent number 8 (at a pinch number 7) bat, with one fc hundred, and a one day hundred to his name.

[www.espncricinfo.com]

Could be a decent signing.

BREARS (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 18:47
It’s happening

25 May, 2018 19:04
Well- you don't exactly have a good track record of being right.

Are you 100% confident about this?

smiling bouncing smiley

As it happens, something must be up, as Somerset keep failing to pick him, and he isn't injured, so you might finally have got one prediction right.

BREARS (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 19:09
Like I said, it’s hapoeming

25 May, 2018 19:17
Bopara and Footitt send their love.

[www.cricketnetwork.co.uk]

Let's hope this time you're right, as Gregory would be a handy long term replacement for Murtagh.

adelaide (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 23:45
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
I'm watching, NSP.
It is true his girlfriend lives in London, and it is true he is yet to sign a new Somerset deal after 2018 is over.

Somerset still expect to keep him. If he does leave, Surrey the more likely destination.

Ah yes, there was a film, wan't there - Gregory's Girl.

I saw his only CC century, when he and Elgar turned a perilous position into one of strength. It might be a reason for fancying Lord's.

Adelaide

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2018 23:46 by adelaide.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 12:16
Retre Trego retires at the end of this season. Lewis Gregory is the logical replacement.

adelaide (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 15:26
And the Somerset captain today is....

Adelaide

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 19:39
And somerset's 2 best all round performers were?
/

28 May, 2018 20:42
County captain Tom Abell was appointed to captain the List A XI for the first time this season (by replacing Jim Allenby). However he was not selected for this match, hence Gregory taking the reins.

dingy bags (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 22:03
I am certain that our Mexican friends had Gregory watched on Sunday, by a very experienced (and I mean VERY experienced) member of their staff. Does not suggest that his coming to us is a done deal. Not yet, anyway.

11 June, 2018 07:46
via Grockles (who had a members forum last night)

Gregory still not signed a new Somerset deal yet.

A number of counties have put in a 28 day request to speak to him, but that time hasn't been reached yet.

So- if we are interested in him, we're not the only ones.

Lifer (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 11:29
I thought Harris was signed as the Murtagh replacement

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net