cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Poll: May Pole
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
30 May, 2018 22:41

Who is our May player of month

Paul Stirling
Nick Gubbins
Stevie Eskinazi
John Simpson
James Franklin
Nathan Sowter
Tom Helm
Ravi Patel
Steven Finn

You must be logged in to vote.

29 Votes

Show results

There has been some stand out performances in May. we had the County championship game at Hove and our up and down RLC campaign so far.

Stirlo's two tons and other contributions stands out the most so has my vote for award.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2018 06:40 by BarmierKev.

Re: Poll: May Pole
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
30 May, 2018 23:13
I have voted for Ravi Patel, as he has revitalised his career by taking 14 wickets at a decent economy in Middlesex’s Royal London Cup campaign during May.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 07:43
Nick Gubbins-

107 v Susses, 99 v Glos, both in in championship.

3 50's in 6 innings in 50 over stuff.

But I can see why others are going with Stirlo for two one day hundreds.

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 09:39
I have selected Ravi Patel because of his consistency. As JW has reminded us, his 14 wickets in this year's Royal London Cup has been impressive. His late order batting has also improved.

We should also remember his valiant 12/173 versus Somerset at Taunton last September as he led the fight against relegation.

31 May, 2018 09:45
Why would 12-173 last September have any bearing on who wins the May player of the month?

EH Hendren (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 10:02
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
Why would 12-173 last September have any bearing on who wins the May player of the month?

It is easy to forget a rare highlight from our unsuccessful fight to avoid relegation last season but we should remember the sheer talent which we have at our disposal.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 10:26
The way Stirlo played in our first games this season gets my vote,even with injury at Hove he still carried on batting (ok,with a runner).
Explosive innings by himself.
Ravi has come to the party,14 wkts is a good return,and would get runner-up spot for this season's contribution in the 50 over tournament.

dnb (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 10:48
I have voted for Ravi Patel as the leading wicket taker in the RLC competition.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 11:14
Paul Stirling. Stirlo...his contributions in our three RLC wins standout, without which, doubt we would have succeeded.

A word for Ravi Patel. he has done extremely well in the RLC after being ignored for so long. Also a major factor in our wins as has Nathan Sowter. Credit to Steve Finn for keeping the faith..

Ravi tries hard in the field, some improvement and also some improvement with the bat.

Noticeable in the second Radlett game, as to how Nathan electrified the fielding viz a viz the first game in which he was not selected.

James Harris, unlucky not to play, a superb 12th man.

EH Hendren (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 11:26
Quote:
Seaxe_Man
Paul Stirling. Stirlo...his contributions in our three RLC wins standout, without which, doubt we would have succeeded.
A word for Ravi Patel. he has done extremely well in the RLC after being ignored for so long. Also a major factor in our wins as has Nathan Sowter. Credit to Steve Finn for keeping the faith..

Ravi tries hard in the field, some improvement and also some improvement with the bat.

Noticeable in the second Radlett game, as to how Nathan electrified the fielding viz a viz the first game in which he was not selected.

James Harris, unlucky not to play, a superb 12th man.

Steven Finn should be applauded for balancing the attack between seam and spin. Patel and Sowter have appeared to have blended well together. The impressive Stirling has batted well and may yet prove to be our long-term overseas registration from 2020. Like with Holden and Malan, he also adds an additional spin option.

James Harris has proved to be the archetypal team man. Even whilst on loan to Kent last season, he still managed to be present for the Championship celebration at Lord's. It is healthy to have a competition for places because it keeps everybody on their toes.

31 May, 2018 11:33
Quote:
EH Hendren
Quote:
chunkyinargyll

It is easy to forget a rare highlight from our unsuccessful fight to avoid relegation last season but we should remember the sheer talent which we have at our disposal.

On that basis I would like to vote for Norman Cowans for a superb spell of bowling in 1991

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 11:40
My vote goes for Richard Johnson 10-45 vs Derbyshire in 1994

rod/ed (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 11:49
Edrich or Compton for their 1947 efforts should not be overlooked!

31 May, 2018 12:09
Patel's 12/173 was a more recent reference to a current cricketer.

31 May, 2018 13:35
Quote:
freddie tittlemouse
Quote:
EH Hendren
Quote:
chunkyinargyll

On that basis I would like to vote for Norman Cowans for a superb spell of bowling in 1991

I want to change my vote to Clive Radley.

Forever.

31 May, 2018 21:53
I think everyone might have overlooked John Carr's 261 not out at the home of cricket in the 1994 season - a local lad who never received the credit he deserved.
Had a higher average in the '94 season than Brian Lara (501 not out v Durham)

Re: Poll: May Poll
04 June, 2018 00:42
Congratulations to Nick Gubbins upon the announcement of his award at Lord's on Sunday.

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 17:18
I’m closing this poll tomorrow afternoon so I can prepare trophy for Saturday against the Aussies. This is fairy tight. If you are still dithering please get your vote in soon.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

04 June, 2018 18:26
Quote:
freddie tittlemouse

Yes, you are referring to a superb spell of bowling versus Northamptonshire at Lord's with which a memorable delivery clean bowled their opening batsman Alan Fordham.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2018 22:28 by Patsy_Hendren.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net