cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

RLC Glos v Middx 6th June 2018
chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
03 June, 2018 18:21
We are virtually eliminated.

Table-

Hants 11
Kent 10
Essex 8
Somerset 7
Glos 7
Surrey 7
Middle 6
Sussex 6
Glammy 2

Sussex have finished their campaign. Every one else has their final match on Wednesday.

Remaining fixtures-

Hants v Somerset (need Hants to win)
Essex v Kent (need Kent to win well)
Surrey v Glamorgan (need Glammy to win)

and we must win well (to overtake Essex run rate)

For all four results to go our way is unlikely.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 16:49 by BarmierKev.

Re: RLC Glos v Middx 6th June 2018
Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 19:33
As I anticipated could happen, Dawid Malan has been made available for this match, which England’s management will probably claim they have done in order for him to get preparation for Sunday’s ODI v Scotland, for which Malan is in the squad and thus in line to make his ODI debut. However, he has not been named in the squad for the subsequent series v Australia, which means he has also been made available for Middlesex’s County Championship match away to Leicestershire in two week’s time. Considering it was originally intended he will captain us in all three formats this season, it will be interesting whether his availability will mean he will lead us on Wednesday, or whether Steven Finn will continue. To have Malan, Paul Stirling and Eoin Morgan all available would be a great advantage, although I fear it may have come too late for us to qualify.

Regardless of whether or not a win would take us to the knockout stages, I imagine there will be a strong desire for us to win so we can finish as high as possible in the table. I initially feared that a defeat would cause us to finish second-bottom, but I then realised that the fact we have won three matches to the two won by Sussex means the lowest we can finish is third-bottom.

Nick Gubbins has spoken to the Evening Standard about various things.

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 15:41
Malan replaces Finn as captain and Harris is recalled. Eskinazi and Finn were not selected.

Stirling Malan* Gubbins Morgan Cartwright Simpson+ Franklin Helm Harris Sowter Patel

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 16:14
Moggy ton off 69 balls,204-2.
Trotting along nicely!

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 16:51
Just made this unsticky as two threads going. Merge thread facility not working. I will refer to this regarding other results.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 16:54
Hants are doing us a favour , but Essex and Glammy certainly aren’t. We need snookers.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 16:54 by BarmierKev.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net