cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

RIP JT Murray Middlesex legend

For Foakes Sake
Middlesex till we die (IP Logged)
03 June, 2018 22:40
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2018 06:39 by BarmierKev.

Re: For Foakes Sake
BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
03 June, 2018 23:03
Well done Kev,reported perfectly for us.
It does worry me about this fast tracking for MCC members,I heard the same from 3 people about the same.....
Also,like to add the Middlesex Room was an utter disgrace today.No real ale,clueless staff as well.One staff member asking what a take out cup was,training?what training? Warner Stand...a queue of 9+ with one member of staff no idea how to pour a pint.
Email and direct Twitter message have been sent to Lord's,but,I don't hold my breath for reply.
Mid-afternoon,and another visit to our room,to find it like a bomb site,every table full of empty glasses and cutlery,rubbish on the floor and bar staff more interested in making displays looking good...oh dear,oh dear,is this what we are having to see these days?
Not a good display on the field,but,we did have a good Diamond celebration,I'm sure he was watching down on us all.
Another one-day season finished,can't see us coming through from last game..oh well,next season

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2018 23:10 by BeefyRoberts.

03 June, 2018 23:11
Amidst the chaos of trying to get in 20 mins before the start I had to laugh when I saw Mike Gatting and guest struggling to get in without a ticket!!

PaulR_enfield (IP Logged)
03 June, 2018 23:26
Sounds like I was lucky as I only queued for about 5 minutes but if MCC members are being fast tracked in then our club need to take the matter up.

Imagine what next Saturday could be like given good weather.

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 18:35
Apart from Stirling, we were left to depend on our bowlers to score some runs.

We defended our total for longer than I expected but it was not quite enough. Surrey's blend of youth and experience seemed to work effectively. Foakes and Pope look like two exciting young batsmen. Perhaps our Scott brothers will emerge in a similar vein to the late Kevin Curran's remarkable sons.

Lifer (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 08:19
What seems to have happened is that the separate MCC members gate at the North end was open as it often is for T20.

This is not really fast tracking. They do own the ground....

However they clearly did not have enough staff, beer or food. The complaints about the Middlesex room are not good

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 10:25
Yeah but this is a home game for Middlesex County Cricket Club and it would be nice to have tha5 feeling on entering ground.

Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 11:21
Yes, we should all treat this match as a home fixture. It is also worth noting that there is a relatively high number of MCC members who have county allegiances. These also include our own beloved club.

Westrock (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 11:52
I understand that they are our landlord and we are tenants but you would expect at a Middlesex home match that Middlesex members would not be made to stand in s 20 minute queue whilst MCC members walk straight to the front. All I got from man on gate was sorry about that!

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 10:20
Quote:
Patsy_Hendren
Yes, we should all treat this match as a home fixture. It is also worth noting that there is a relatively high number of MCC members who have county allegiances. These also include our own beloved club.

Less than a thousand for MX which is about 5% of their membership. One bloke who is a joint member, refuses to do out grounds. Not much cricket ahead there for this gent come 2019 and for the foreseeable.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net