cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Floodlights in use at last

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Glous away . RLC 6th June
BarmierKev (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 17:21
We need snookers to stand a chance. At least we are going into last game technically still in tournament.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2018 22:27 by BarmierKev.

Re: Glous away . RLC 6th June
Patsy_Hendren (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 18:29
Our stoic Seaxe warriors will not let us down whilst securing a memorable victory at Bristol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2018 08:59 by Patsy_Hendren.

adelaide (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 21:28
Quote:
Patsy_Hendren
Our stoic Seaxe warriors will not let us down whilst performing a memorable double over Gloucestershire.

Why do I sometimes feel as if I must be living in North Korea?

Comrade Adelaide

Fozzie (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 08:41
A memorable double over Gloucestershire? Didn't the recent Championship match end in a draw?

BarmierKev (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 10:26
Maybe two memorable draws?

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 16:14
Hilton Cartwright is still in the squad.

(Sm159)

[www.middlesexccc.com]

Doesn't necessarily mean he'll play though.

Malan (c) Cartwright, Eskinazi, Finn, Franklin, Gubbins, Harris, Helm, Holden, Morgan, Patel, Simpson (wk) Sowter, Stirling.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 19:54
In order to take their hopes of qualifying down to net run rate, Middlesex need to win this match and hope that Kent, Glamorgan and Hampshire also win their matches.

It is excellent news that Dawid Malan has been made available, and that Max Holden will travel on the back of scoring 134 in a 50-over match v Sussex 2nd XI today. Malan is obviously expected to play considering it has been announced he will be captain, while Holden deserves to play too. Surely Hilton Cartwright will lose his place, although I don’t know whether we will be keen to leave out another batsman. We could leave out James Franklin, but that would leave us with no pace options other than Steven Finn and Tom Helm. It seems that whatever XI we select is bound to be light on batsmen and fast bowlers!

I wasn’t sure whether Malan would captain us, as Finn has done so throughout our campaign. However, when the announcement was made that Malan would be our captain this season, it was intended that he would do so in all competitions, so the fact he will captain us tomorrow is in keeping with the original intention.

Franklin has spoken to ECB Reporters Network about our campaign.

05 June, 2018 20:32
Dawid Malan is the county captain and was appointed for all of the competitions.

The vice-captains Sam Robson (First-class) and Steven Finn (List A) were appointed to cover for the captain's anticipated absence.

Re: Gloucestershire versus Middlesex at Bristol - RLC 6th June
05 June, 2018 20:44
Quote:
chunkyinargyll
Hilton Cartwright is still in the squad.
(Sm159)

[www.middlesexccc.com]

Doesn't necessarily mean he'll play though.

Malan (c) Cartwright, Eskinazi, Finn, Franklin, Gubbins, Harris, Helm, Holden, Morgan, Patel, Simpson (wk) Sowter, Stirling.

If the top three and Morgan are selected as expected then Malan will probably replace Cartwright. If we retain the two spinners then we have a straight choice between Cartwright, Franklin, Harris and Holden at No.7.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 13:50 by Patsy_Hendren.

Rocks&Boulders (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 13:34
Gloucestershire won the toss and have put us in.

Rocks&Boulders (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 13:43
Stirling, Malan, Gubbins, Morgan, Cartwright, Simpson, Franklin, Helm, Harris, Sowter, Patel.

06 June, 2018 13:56
Quote:
Rocks&Boulders
Stirling, Malan*, Gubbins, Morgan, Cartwright, Simpson+, Franklin, Helm, Harris, Sowter, Patel.

Malan and Harris have replaced Eskinazi and Finn with Cartwright remaining at no.5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 13:57 by Patsy_Hendren.

BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 16:15
Moggy ton off 69 balls.204-2
Trotting along nicely!

06 June, 2018 16:59
Hundreds for Morgan and Stirling. Cartwright has hit Higgins for two sixes and Drissell for one six so far. He has reached the 30s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 17:10 by Patsy_Hendren.

06 June, 2018 17:02
Middlesex 281/3 after 47 overs.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 17:09
50 for Hilton Cartwright.

(Sm42)

Why don't sportnetwork have a 'faints with amazement' emoji?

06 June, 2018 17:14
Middlesex 322/3 from 50 overs with a run rate of 6.44 (Stirling 127*, Morgan 100, Cartwright 60*).

Five sixes from Cartwright whose 60* came from 41 balls.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 17:17 by Patsy_Hendren.

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 19:26
I was very happy when I saw the total Middlesex posted. Considering we don’t have a great deal of batsmen suited to limited-overs cricket other than Paul Stirling and Eoin Morgan, and considering we often struggle to score a heavy amount of runs after we have lost our fourth wicket, it is was unsurprising that the foundations for our total were laid down by Stirlo and Morgan. What was a pleasant surprise was Hilton Cartwright finally coming good, especially considering it was doubtful he would play due to Dawid Malan’s availability. We scored 102 off our final 10 overs, which would have certainly not happened had our tail faced this period, as has often happened throughout our campaign.

Stirlo’s innings took his record in this competition to 515 runs with three centuries and one fifty.

It is great that Gloucestershire are five wickets down. If this was Middlesex batting, I would have little hope of the score reaching 323 from this position (we’d probably struggle to reach 223!). However, two caveats are that this isn’t Middlesex batting, and that Glos are registering some heavy overs. I remember Glos coming from nowhere to win this fixture at Lord’s in 2017, thanks in no small part to Ian Cockbain, so hopefully we will see this match out.

Not only was the decision to retain Cartwright justified bearing in mind his batting and the fact he has made a run out (hopefully he won’t mess things up by once again bowling expensively), so seems to be have the decision to bring in James Harris and retain James Franklin after their first bowling spells. It was a surprise we left out Steven Finn.

Kent and Glamorgan appear not to be going us any favours, and I only need to look at my TV to see that Hampshire’s defence of 356-9 v Somerset isn’t going well. All we can do is try to win our match, and see how high in the table we can finish.

Westrock (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 19:34
Finn had an injury in the warm up I heard

Beeamazed (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 20:29
Cockbain loves playing us...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net