cricket
Latest News:

WELCOME TO THE MIDDLESEX ROOM, THE ONLY MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET DEDICATED TO MIDDLESEX CCC

Floodlights in use at last

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Glous away . RLC 6th June
hdo (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 21:10
Despite the best efforts of Cockbain, exactly the sort of average player who always seems to find excellent form against us, we've triumphed by 30-odd runs. Those last few overs of our innings proved crucial. A good win, although meaningless in the end.

chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 21:23
Middle averages for Royal London.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 22:22
Although the result wasn’t enough for Middlesex to finish any higher than sixth after Kent, Glamorgan and Hampshire all let us down, it is nice to win any game of cricket. We finished two points behind Essex and Kent, who both qualified alongside Hampshire, who recorded three more points than us. Hopefully the fact we won four Royal London Cup matches will give us something to work with ahead of our Twenty20 campaign.

Richard Scott has spoken to our Audioboom page about this match.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 12:06
It seemed likely, that the mathematical chance was just that. None of the results we needed happened apart from our own. A win that was one too late.

The batting unit came to the party this time and credit to them for that.

Paul Stirling had an outstanding competition with three tons in eight innings, the best since the great Desmond Haynes for me in white ball cricket. Can't say fairer than that.

In the four games lost, tactical mistakes did'nt help the cause. Batting Stirlo at three in the first game v Essex being one of them.

Another rarity. Won three of the four games away. The strength in depth of this group was shown when Somerset, a strong one day side, did'nt make the play offs.

PD Trego like Morgs scored a ton in vain.

The loss to the Mexicans on Sunday proved to be terminal though in the end, their result versus Kent proved to be their undoing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2018 12:09 by Seaxe_Man.

hdo (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 09:18
Quote:

I haven't read the article, and I'm no journalist, but I'd venture to say that in a competition such as the RLC, the highs are probably the matches we won, and the lows are the ones we lost.

Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 19:18
The media basis is that you are as good as your last result. So you won't be far out there hdo.

A good example was the recent Pakistan Test series. After game one. Bayliss out and drop Broad.

After game two ' what a great guy'. And I told you Broad needed a kick up the backside M.Vaughan. Wotta performance.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net